What is involved in Connected Home
Find out what the related areas are that Connected Home connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Connected Home thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Connected Home journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Connected Home leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Connected Home related domains to cover and 70 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Connected Home, Hive Connected Home, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Echo, Application software, British Gas, Computing platform, Design Miami, Google Play, Holding company, Home automation, Light-emitting diode, Nest Labs, North America, Project Brillo, Republic of Ireland, Silicon Valley, Smart home, Smart thermostat, United Kingdom, Windows 10 Mobile, Yves Béhar:
Connected Home Critical Criteria:
Sort Connected Home adoptions and correct Connected Home management by competencies.
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Connected Home project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Connected Home project lifecycle?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Connected Home activities?
– How do we manage Connected Home Knowledge Management (KM)?
Hive Connected Home Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Hive Connected Home governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Hive Connected Home.
– Does Connected Home appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Who needs to know about Connected Home ?
– Why should we adopt a Connected Home framework?
Amazon Alexa Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Amazon Alexa issues and innovate what needs to be done with Amazon Alexa.
– Does Connected Home include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– what is the best design framework for Connected Home organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is Connected Home Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Amazon Appstore Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Amazon Appstore quality and devise Amazon Appstore key steps.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Connected Home into the services that we provide?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Connected Home? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we Identify specific Connected Home investment and emerging trends?
Amazon Echo Critical Criteria:
Model after Amazon Echo engagements and be persistent.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Connected Home information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Connected Home forward?
– How can we improve Connected Home?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Application software management and look at it backwards.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Connected Home product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Connected Home been identified and analyzed?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– What is the purpose of Connected Home in relation to the mission?
British Gas Critical Criteria:
Focus on British Gas strategies and summarize a clear British Gas focus.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Connected Home that make it risky?
– How can you measure Connected Home in a systematic way?
– What will drive Connected Home change?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Computing platform visions and oversee Computing platform management by competencies.
– Can we add value to the current Connected Home decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How important is Connected Home to the user organizations mission?
– What are specific Connected Home Rules to follow?
Design Miami Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Design Miami tasks and find the ideas you already have.
– Do we monitor the Connected Home decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Connected Home activities?
Google Play Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Google Play projects and assess and formulate effective operational and Google Play strategies.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Connected Home does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is Connected Home dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are assumptions made in Connected Home stated explicitly?
Holding company Critical Criteria:
Guard Holding company risks and devote time assessing Holding company and its risk.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Connected Home process?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Connected Home move?
– How do we keep improving Connected Home?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Shape Home automation outcomes and attract Home automation skills.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Connected Home ?
– How do we go about Securing Connected Home?
– Are we Assessing Connected Home and Risk?
Light-emitting diode Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Light-emitting diode management and cater for concise Light-emitting diode education.
– When a Connected Home manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Connected Home leaders?
– What is our Connected Home Strategy?
Nest Labs Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Nest Labs leadership and point out improvements in Nest Labs.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Connected Home project?
– How to Secure Connected Home?
North America Critical Criteria:
Generalize North America goals and attract North America skills.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Connected Home workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Connected Home? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can you negotiate Connected Home successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Project Brillo Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Project Brillo tasks and test out new things.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Connected Home?
– Which Connected Home goals are the most important?
Republic of Ireland Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Republic of Ireland risks and oversee Republic of Ireland management by competencies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Connected Home. How do we gain traction?
– What business benefits will Connected Home goals deliver if achieved?
– What is our formula for success in Connected Home ?
Silicon Valley Critical Criteria:
Define Silicon Valley outcomes and spearhead techniques for implementing Silicon Valley.
– In the case of a Connected Home project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Connected Home project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Connected Home project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is the scope of Connected Home defined?
– What are our Connected Home Processes?
Smart home Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Smart home engagements and research ways can we become the Smart home company that would put us out of business.
– Does our organization need more Connected Home education?
Smart thermostat Critical Criteria:
Devise Smart thermostat tactics and perfect Smart thermostat conflict management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Connected Home models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– In what ways are Connected Home vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
United Kingdom Critical Criteria:
Revitalize United Kingdom risks and improve United Kingdom service perception.
– Can we do Connected Home without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Does the Connected Home task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Connected Home Management?
Windows 10 Mobile Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Windows 10 Mobile risks and devise Windows 10 Mobile key steps.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Connected Home objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Yves Béhar Critical Criteria:
Consult on Yves Béhar governance and find out what it really means.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Connected Home products are done in a way that ensures safety?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Connected Home Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Connected Home External links:
Unruly Future Home – The Connected Home of 2020
Connected Home Accessories by Nest, Quirky & More – AT&T
Hubble connected Home
Hive Connected Home External links:
Hive Connected Home – YouTube
Amazon Alexa External links:
Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa | Cars | Garmin
Do more with Amazon Alexa – IFTTT
Amazon Alexa on the App Store – iTunes – Apple
Amazon Appstore External links:
Amazon Appstore FAQs | Appstore Submission
Amazon Echo External links:
Amazon Echo Dot Wi-Fi Connected Speaker for …
How to Change the Amazon Echo Wake Word – Tom’s Guide
Capital One is on Amazon Echo. Questions? Just ask Alexa.
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Chapter 3 – Application Software
British Gas External links:
Login to Your Account – British Gas
Alrose Products – Alrose British Gas Springs and Gas Struts
VoidCare – British Gas
Computing platform External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
Nutanix Xtreme Computing Platform NX-1265-G5 – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
Design Miami External links:
INTERIOR DESIGN MIAMI
Design Miami – AbeBooks
Google Play External links:
Holding company External links:
Old Republic Title Holding Company
Holding company legal definition of holding company
Title Holding Company in California | Company Info & Reviews
Home automation External links:
Vivint Support: Home Automation, Home Security and …
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Lighting, Fans & Home Automation | CT Lighting Centers
North America External links:
QinetiQ North America
Suez North America – Official Site
Project Brillo External links:
Project Brillo is Google’s new Internet of Things OS
Project Brillo – Revolvy
Republic of Ireland External links:
Republic of Ireland – Football – BBC Sport
Women’s Under-19 – Republic of Ireland – UEFA.com
Silicon Valley External links:
Silicon Valley – Official Website for the HBO Series
Welcome to the Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS®
Silicon Valley Bank – Official Site
Smart home External links:
HGTV Smart Home 2017 | HGTV
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Smart Home & Electronic Accessories for the way you live.
Smart thermostat External links:
Nest’s $169 smart thermostat is all about simplicity
Meet the Mysa Smart Thermostat | Mysa – Smart Thermostats
ecobee SMART Si Wi-Fi SMART THERMOSTAT
United Kingdom External links:
Year 2016 Calendar – United Kingdom – Time and Date
United Kingdom – Map of Cities in United Kingdom – MapQuest
craigslist | united kingdom
Windows 10 Mobile External links:
How to get Windows 10 Mobile – Windows Help
Yves Béhar External links:
Designer Yves Béhar – Herman Miller