What is involved in COM communications port
Find out what the related areas are that COM communications port connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a COM communications port thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its COM communications port journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward COM communications port leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which COM communications port related domains to cover and 45 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
COM communications port, COM port redirector, Inter-process communication, Internet Protocol, Nagle’s algorithm, Named pipe, Network protocol, Point-to-Point Protocol, Proxy server, Routing table, Serial communication, Serial over LAN, Serial port, Transmission Control Protocol, User Datagram Protocol:
COM communications port Critical Criteria:
Mine COM communications port planning and change contexts.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as COM communications port leaders?
– What about COM communications port Analysis of results?
– How can we improve COM communications port?
COM port redirector Critical Criteria:
Define COM port redirector management and define what do we need to start doing with COM port redirector.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which COM communications port models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Will COM communications port deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Inter-process communication Critical Criteria:
Track Inter-process communication tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Inter-process communication projects.
– Is there a COM communications port Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic COM communications port objectives?
– Have all basic functions of COM communications port been defined?
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Internet Protocol visions and handle a jump-start course to Internet Protocol.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether COM communications port goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good COM communications port project manager?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
– What are current COM communications port Paradigms?
Nagle’s algorithm Critical Criteria:
Merge Nagle’s algorithm failures and innovate what needs to be done with Nagle’s algorithm.
– Which customers cant participate in our COM communications port domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Named pipe Critical Criteria:
Administer Named pipe tactics and work towards be a leading Named pipe expert.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the COM communications port process?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of COM communications port that make it risky?
– How do we go about Comparing COM communications port approaches/solutions?
Network protocol Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Network protocol results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Network protocol is getting what it needs.
– What are the business goals COM communications port is aiming to achieve?
– What are specific COM communications port Rules to follow?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Point-to-Point Protocol management and sort Point-to-Point Protocol activities.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your COM communications port processes?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of COM communications port activities?
Proxy server Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Proxy server tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Proxy server projects.
– Can we add value to the current COM communications port decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its COM communications port processes?
– Who sets the COM communications port standards?
Routing table Critical Criteria:
Detail Routing table tactics and find out.
– Does COM communications port include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What potential environmental factors impact the COM communications port effort?
– What are the barriers to increased COM communications port production?
Serial communication Critical Criteria:
Design Serial communication projects and describe which business rules are needed as Serial communication interface.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective COM communications port leader?
Serial over LAN Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Serial over LAN risks and prioritize challenges of Serial over LAN.
– How likely is the current COM communications port plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we keep improving COM communications port?
Serial port Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Serial port tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Serial port services.
– What is the total cost related to deploying COM communications port, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are our needs in relation to COM communications port skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with COM communications port ?
Transmission Control Protocol Critical Criteria:
Study Transmission Control Protocol tasks and grade techniques for implementing Transmission Control Protocol controls.
– How is the value delivered by COM communications port being measured?
User Datagram Protocol Critical Criteria:
Drive User Datagram Protocol strategies and question.
– Does COM communications port systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the COM communications port requirements in detail?
– How would one define COM communications port leadership?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the COM communications port Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
COM port redirector External links:
Inter-process communication External links:
Inter-process Communication – Mill Computing, Inc
Internet Protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
Bogen VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)
Nagle’s algorithm External links:
Disable Nagle’s algorithm on TCP sockets by …
http://Nagle’s algorithm is a means of improving the efficiency of TCP/IP networks by reducing the number of packets that need to be sent over the network. It was defined by John Nagle while working for Ford Aerospace and Communications Corporation.
Named pipe External links:
sql server – What are named pipes? – Stack Overflow
http://The advantage of named pipes is that it is usually much faster, and frees up network stack resources. — BTW, in the Windows world, you can also have named pipes to remote machines — but in that case, the named pipe is transported over TCP/IP, so you will lose performance.
http://In computing, a named pipe (also known as a FIFO for its behavior) is an extension to the traditional pipe concept on Unix and Unix-like systems, and is one of the methods of inter-process communication (IPC). The concept is also found in OS/2 and Microsoft Windows, although the semantics differ substantially. A traditional pipe is “unnamed” and lasts only as long as the process.
Network protocol External links:
What is Network Protocol? – The Customize Windows
Choosing a Network Protocol – technet.microsoft.com
Home – DNP.org – Distributed Network Protocol
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
How to Install a Point-to-Point Protocol in Windows
Proxy server External links:
Indiana University Website: What is a Proxy Server – kb.iu.edu
Routing table External links:
IP Routing Table – technet.microsoft.com
Serial communication External links:
Raspberry Pi – Arduino Serial Communication: 4 Steps
ACCES I/O – Serial Communication Boards
Serial over LAN External links:
Serial over LAN: how to share COM port over LAN – YouTube
Serial over lan – NUC5I5MYHE |Intel Communities
Serial port External links:
Serial Port Redirector – Download
PC Interface Cable (RS232 Serial Port Connector) | Garmin
How to send to the serial port by using Mscomm32.ocx
Transmission Control Protocol External links:
Netsh commands for Interface Transmission Control Protocol
Transmission Control Protocol – technet.microsoft.com