What is involved in Security information management
Find out what the related areas are that Security information management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Security information management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Security information management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Security information management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Security information management related domains to cover and 37 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Security information management, Information Systems Audit and Control Association, Information security, Information security management, Information security management system, Logfile, Security Information and Event Management, Security event manager:
Security information management Critical Criteria:
Steer Security information management failures and stake your claim.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Security information management process?
– In what ways are Security information management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How can you measure Security information management in a systematic way?
Information Systems Audit and Control Association Critical Criteria:
Administer Information Systems Audit and Control Association adoptions and gather practices for scaling Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
– Consider your own Security information management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Security information management values?
– Do we have past Security information management Successes?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Information security goals and question.
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– Are information security policies reviewed at least once a year and updated as needed?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
– What is information security?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Confer re Information security management goals and drive action.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Security information management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Security information management process available?
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Security information management opportunities costing us money?
– Will Security information management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Information security management system Critical Criteria:
Survey Information security management system projects and find the essential reading for Information security management system researchers.
– To what extent does management recognize Security information management as a tool to increase the results?
– What are our Security information management Processes?
– What is Effective Security information management?
Logfile Critical Criteria:
Pilot Logfile governance and secure Logfile creativity.
– For your Security information management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we measure improved Security information management service perception, and satisfaction?
– What about Security information management Analysis of results?
Security Information and Event Management Critical Criteria:
Frame Security Information and Event Management strategies and proactively manage Security Information and Event Management risks.
– Does Security information management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will provide the final approval of Security information management deliverables?
– Is a Security information management Team Work effort in place?
Security event manager Critical Criteria:
Face Security event manager tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Security event manager services.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Security information management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How to deal with Security information management Changes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Security information management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Security information management External links:
Sims Software – Industrial Security Information Management
PSIM | Physical Security Information Management – ICS
Information security External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Title & Settlement Information Security
Information security management External links:
Information Security Management | Home | InfoSaaS
Information Security Management Company | …
Information Security Management – Home2
Information security management system External links:
ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System – …
Security Information and Event Management External links:
Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management
Security event manager External links:
GE Digital Energy : CyberSentry SEM Security Event Manager
LogLogic Security Event Manager | Tibco LogLogic