What is involved in Agile UX
Find out what the related areas are that Agile UX connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile UX thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile UX journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile UX leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile UX related domains to cover and 180 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile UX, Agile usability engineering, Ad hoc, Agile modeling, Agile software development, Case study, Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System, Conceptual model, End user, Extreme programming, Human-computer interaction, Management system, Methodology, Milestone, Participatory design, Persona, Project, Subject-matter expert, Test driven development, UI design, Usability engineering, User-centered design, User interface:
Agile UX Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Agile UX planning and mentor Agile UX customer orientation.
– Ground your decisions in the understanding of the underlying issues at play and always ask yourself: Why did we do it that way?
– What Agile Development technique is best suited to shift the focus on the end-user?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to internal users/testers?
– What modes of operation should be available for the AES algorithm(s)?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– Can the work be estimated in units of iterations?
– Is the rate of publication increasing over time?
– How would you improve cooperation in UX issues?
– How do you prioritize the feature cards?
– Are you getting the feedback you need?
– What does the initial plan look like?
– Initial planning meeting: What is it?
– Did the changes fix the problems?
– When do you change the prototype?
– Stand-up meeting time and format?
– Iteration zero: What gets done?
– What if your story is too big?
– Who evaluates your product?
– What are the criteria?
Agile usability engineering Critical Criteria:
Chart Agile usability engineering engagements and maintain Agile usability engineering for success.
– Have you identified your Agile UX key performance indicators?
– How do we Identify specific Agile UX investment and emerging trends?
Ad hoc Critical Criteria:
Chart Ad hoc leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Ad hoc is getting what it needs.
– Consider your own Agile UX project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Will Agile UX have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the business goals Agile UX is aiming to achieve?
Agile modeling Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Agile modeling visions and triple focus on important concepts of Agile modeling relationship management.
– In the case of a Agile UX project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Agile UX project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Agile UX project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Agile UX process?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Match Agile software development goals and look at the big picture.
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Agile UX into the services that we provide?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– To what extent does management recognize Agile UX as a tool to increase the results?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
Case study Critical Criteria:
Pilot Case study projects and find the ideas you already have.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Agile UX information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Agile UX, including any consulting or professional services?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Agile UX processes?
Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System Critical Criteria:
Scan Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System leadership and slay a dragon.
– For your Agile UX project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What will drive Agile UX change?
– Do we have past Agile UX Successes?
Conceptual model Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Conceptual model decisions and integrate design thinking in Conceptual model innovation.
– Are we Assessing Agile UX and Risk?
End user Critical Criteria:
Use past End user outcomes and summarize a clear End user focus.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile UX strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
– Why is Agile UX important for you now?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Match Extreme programming decisions and find the ideas you already have.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Agile UX in a volatile global economy?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Agile UX processes of our organization?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Agile UX been identified and analyzed?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Human-computer interaction Critical Criteria:
Pilot Human-computer interaction planning and budget for Human-computer interaction challenges.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Agile UX objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is the source of the strategies for Agile UX strengthening and reform?
– How important is Agile UX to the user organizations mission?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Management system management and gather practices for scaling Management system.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Agile UX experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What might we do to further exploit the information gathered by service management systems to reduce customer defections?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What is an online learning center solution or customer extranet to upload documentation for customers?
– How might a persons various social network profiles be useful for learning education and or training?
– Do we expect the history of data to be migrated/uploaded in a potential new lms system?
– How many people will you have to participate in the implementation project?
– What technical skills do the administrators and user individuals hold?
– Is there a requirement for the student to record course notes online?
– How can we ensure that training is done on time or done at all?
– Other groups or affiliates we should include in this effort?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– Are there any drop dead start or go-dead dates?
– What are the best online e learning tools?
– Why do we need an lms system?
– How many e learning systems are there?
Methodology Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Methodology failures and tour deciding if Methodology progress is made.
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– Do organizations have a methodology in place for the proper allocation of business resources to invest in, create, and maintain IT standards?
– Are standards for risk assessment methodology established, so risk information can be compared across entities?
– Does it include detailed documentation of the methodology so that any aspect of the program can be repeated?
– Is it possible to use a methodology which enables an assessment of the effectiveness of the program?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Is the use of CCM destined to become an important and requisite audit methodology best practice?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile UX project?
– Is project/Program Management methodology being followed correctly?
– What is driving the industry to develop the SoC design methodology?
– Methodology: How will risk management be performed on projects?
– Is there a methodology to accomplish CSA?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– Who sets the Agile UX standards?
– What is our Agile methodology?
Milestone Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Milestone tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Milestone.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Agile UX does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Which milestones must blockchain pass before broad adoption would be possible at your organization?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile UX agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– How do we Improve Agile UX service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are baselines tied to project milestones?
Participatory design Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Participatory design failures and create a map for yourself.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Agile UX leader?
– Is a Agile UX Team Work effort in place?
Persona Critical Criteria:
Group Persona leadership and finalize specific methods for Persona acceptance.
– Do we Phrase questions simply and avoid the use of closed-ended questions that require a yes or no? do we Watch our customers nonverbal responses in order to gauge his or her reactions to our questions? Some cultures believe that questioning someone is intrusive and therefore avoid it. This is especially true if the questions involve personal information eg How is your family?
– Describe the companys current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– If our GDPR management is conducted by an external company; who would be fined in the event of a personal data leak? Is the responsibility born by us; or can it be contractually transferred to the provider?
– What are the data telling you about your hiring and induction methods, development opportunities, compensation, interpersonal relations, or supervisory leadership?
– Are egress and ingress filters installed on all border routers to prevent impersonation with spoofed ip addresses?
– Do you see the need to address the issues of data ownership or access to non-personal data (e.g. machine-generated data)?
– What happens if an individual objects to the collection, use, and disclosure of his or her personal data?
– Do you sell or share the personal subscriber/customer information with other unaffiliated 3rd parties?
– What are the procedures for filing an internal complaint about the handling of personal data?
– Encrypt all devices used to store data including personally owned workstations ?
– How long is personal information (that is transferred to the cloud) retained?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– Can visitors/customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– Is employee attendance also considered to be personal data?
– Do you explain how you intend to use the personal data?
– What Information is Personally Identifiable?
– Where Do Personas Fit in?
Project Critical Criteria:
Model after Project tasks and mentor Project customer orientation.
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– What makes you think anyone is actually going to follow the new processes after you close up the project and take down the posters?
– Is the requested data for a project that supports the goals and mission of our organization and benefits our clients?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– Do we need to provide customers with visible progress throughout the project?
– Once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– What are the key features, benefits of the program/project?
– What is the difference between product and project scope?
– Technology risk -is the project technically feasible?
– Why do we need to manage project risk?
– How much information-buying is enough?
– What projects are running?
– What is scrum?
Subject-matter expert Critical Criteria:
Unify Subject-matter expert goals and explore and align the progress in Subject-matter expert.
– Think of your Agile UX project. what are the main functions?
Test driven development Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Test driven development management and tour deciding if Test driven development progress is made.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Agile UX objectives?
– Does Agile UX analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Who needs to know about Agile UX ?
UI design Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect UI design failures and report on setting up UI design without losing ground.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Agile UX activities?
Usability engineering Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Usability engineering management and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Agile UX workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Agile UX project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Agile UX effort?
User-centered design Critical Criteria:
Align User-centered design goals and intervene in User-centered design processes and leadership.
– When a Agile UX manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we go about Securing Agile UX?
– Is the scope of Agile UX defined?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Inquire about User interface strategies and handle a jump-start course to User interface.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Agile UX processes?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– What are internal and external Agile UX relations?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile UX Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile UX External links:
How to Create an Agile UX Workflow – 1stWebDesigner
The Agile UX process – Fidel Vazquez – Medium
Effective Agile UX Product Development | Report by NN/g
Ad hoc External links:
Ad hoc – Grammarist
We build government digital services. – Ad Hoc
[PDF]Ad Hoc Reporting User Guide – AASC Online
https://www.aasconline.org/adhoc/help/Ad Hoc Reporting User Guide.pdf
Agile modeling External links:
Agile Modeling Principles Flashcards | Quizlet
Agile Modeling with Mind Map and UML | StickyMinds
Agile software development External links:
Big Room Studios | Agile Software Development Company
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
Stride | Agile Software Development Consultancy | NYC
Case study External links:
[PDF]Case Study Titles and Descriptions – Feng Shui …
How to Write a Better Title – a Recipe Book Case Study
[PDF]Title of case study – UNFCCC
Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System External links:
Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System – …
Conceptual model External links:
Conceptual Models in a Nutshell – Boxes and Arrows
Nursing Conceptual Model Essay – 538 Words – StudyMode
End user External links:
CWPS End User Training Portal – Authentication Required
UI updates for Intune end user apps | Microsoft Docs
End User License Agreement | HP® Customer Support
Extreme programming External links:
AgileFAQs – Expert Agile, Scrum, eXtreme Programming …
Human-computer interaction External links:
Human-Computer Interaction Institute – Official Site
Human-computer interaction | Human Computer Interaction
Re Mago – Human-computer interaction technologies
Management system External links:
File Management System – Techopedia.com
[PDF]FIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Policies and …
Methodology External links:
Methodology – Conscious Discipline
Facts about the Tracer Methodology | Joint Commission
Q Methodology – for the Scientific Study of Human Subjectivity
Milestone External links:
Milestone is Dallas & Ft. Worth’s Most Trusted Electrician
Milestone Card | Milestone Gold MasterCard
Home Page – Milestone Gold MasterCard
Participatory design External links:
Participatory design | Topics | IIT Institute of Design
Subject-matter expert External links:
Test driven development External links:
Test Driven Development – c2.com
UI design External links:
UI Movement – The best UI design inspiration, every day
Web and Mobile UX UI design Agency | AGENTE
Get The Best UX/UI Design + User Research Resources Today
Usability engineering External links:
What Is Usability Engineering? – Learn.org
Usability Engineering | Key Tech
CORE | human factors and usability engineering
User-centered design External links:
[PDF]Title A user-centered design method for …
User-Centered Design Basics | Usability.gov
User-Centered Design. (eVideo, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
User interface External links:
EWS User Interface
Datatel User Interface 5.3
PKG User Interface Solutions – Official Site