What is involved in Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Procurement Project Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Procurement Project Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Procurement related domains to cover and 297 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Procurement, Configuration management, Crisis management, Financial market, International trade, Cloud computing, Business judgment rule, Commercial management, Electronic business, Capacity management, Labour economics, Process management, Public economics, Stock market, Public relations, Knowledge economy, Organizational engineering, Commercial bank, Distributed management, Organizational patterns, Risk management, Service management, Tender notification, Annual general meeting, Request for Solution, Business analysis, Innovation management, Institute of Supply Management, Global sourcing, Business operations, Problem management, National Association of State Procurement Officials, Financial statement analysis, Indirect procurement, Project management, Technology management, Hierarchical organization, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, Operations management, Constitutional documents, Quality management, Organizational space, Call for bids, Organizational communication, Corporate crime, Request for quotation, Maintenance, repair, and operations, United States Department of Defense, Legal personality, Procurement, International finance, Request for tender, Materials management, Venture capital, Board of directors, Advisory board, Economic development, National Diet Library, Security management, Shared services, Limited liability company, Asset management, Marketing management, Financial risk, Marketing research, Organizational behavior, Conflict management, Capital budgeting:
Procurement Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Procurement management and oversee Procurement management by competencies.
– What kind of guidance do you follow to ensure that your procurement language is both specific and comprehensive enough to result in acquiring secure components and systems?
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Have policies been developed for the procurement and use of evaluated security products as appropriate?
– What security considerations need to be addressed during the procurement life cycle?
– Are the procurement procedures such that undue delays can be avoided?
– Have you sought IT procurements for similar programs in the past?
– Municipal or federal procurement protocols may also apply?
– How do the procurement and IT system life cycles relate?
– Have all basic functions of Procurement been defined?
– How can we lower our procurement costs?
– How do we lower our procurement costs?
– Is a Procurement Team Work effort in place?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Audit Configuration management visions and define what do we need to start doing with Configuration management.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– How do you keep the number of currently active codelines to a manageable set, and avoid growing the projects version tree too wide and too dense?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– Intent: how do you keep the changes from getting out of hand and contain the potential for errors in the build?
– What is the main difference between a cmdb (Configuration Management database) and a typical asset register?
– Has Configuration Management a say in how information is stored and accessed in other enterprise databases?
– Can we answer questions like: Are data file references within components correct?
– How do you test whether a module still works as it should after making a change?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– Is there a Material Condition and Aging Management program in place?
– Which is the correct combination of concepts and itil processes?
– Is the appropriate version specified for each build component?
– How does cm get incorporated in the system life cycle?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– What kind of reports will be prepared?
– Independent verification complete?
– What should be in the plan?
– Implemented as proposed?
Crisis management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Crisis management tactics and assess what counts with Crisis management that we are not counting.
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– Do Procurement rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are internal and external Procurement relations?
– How to deal with Procurement Changes?
Financial market Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Financial market governance and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Financial market projects.
– Are assumptions made in Procurement stated explicitly?
– What is Effective Procurement?
International trade Critical Criteria:
Sort International trade management and check on ways to get started with International trade.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Procurement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Procurement is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Does the Procurement task fit the clients priorities?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Pilot Cloud computing planning and test out new things.
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
Business judgment rule Critical Criteria:
Review Business judgment rule planning and oversee Business judgment rule management by competencies.
– How will you measure your Procurement effectiveness?
– How can skill-level changes improve Procurement?
Commercial management Critical Criteria:
Guide Commercial management projects and define Commercial management competency-based leadership.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Procurement, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Electronic business Critical Criteria:
Align Electronic business tasks and look in other fields.
– Will Procurement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Procurement process?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Mix Capacity management issues and describe the risks of Capacity management sustainability.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– How do we know that any Procurement analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Procurement moving forward?
– Why are Procurement skills important?
Labour economics Critical Criteria:
Detail Labour economics failures and display thorough understanding of the Labour economics process.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Procurement activities?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Map Process management outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and Process management strategies.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Procurement is underway?
– Is maximizing Procurement protection the same as minimizing Procurement loss?
Public economics Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Public economics governance and differentiate in coordinating Public economics.
Stock market Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Stock market quality and summarize a clear Stock market focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Procurement opportunities costing us money?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Design Public relations strategies and perfect Public relations conflict management.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– Does Procurement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– How do we Improve Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
Knowledge economy Critical Criteria:
Explore Knowledge economy outcomes and report on developing an effective Knowledge economy strategy.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Procurement in a volatile global economy?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Procurement values?
– Is the Procurement organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Organizational engineering Critical Criteria:
Confer re Organizational engineering goals and look at the big picture.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Procurement workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How much does Procurement help?
Commercial bank Critical Criteria:
Face Commercial bank management and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we go about Securing Procurement?
Distributed management Critical Criteria:
Recall Distributed management issues and find answers.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Procurement move?
– How do we Lead with Procurement in Mind?
Organizational patterns Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Organizational patterns strategies and forecast involvement of future Organizational patterns projects in development.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Procurement?
– How can the value of Procurement be defined?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
X-ray Risk management visions and transcribe Risk management as tomorrows backbone for success.
– If a specific risk management person or group is charged with your overall program, what are the competencies required to ensure adequate background in this or these roles?
– Does our organization have a Cybersecurity Risk Management process that is functioning and repeatable?
– How could risks affect the overall outcome of projects in probabilistic terms of cost and schedule?
– Do you have a baseline configuration of IT/ICS that is used and regularly maintained?
– How do you determine the effectiveness of your strategies?
– What work has been done internally to establish an ERM process?
– Is the Cybersecurity policy reviewed or audited?
– What is the prime directive of Risk Management?
– Are you allowed to write-down or store passwords online?
– Is Cybersecurity Insurance coverage a must?
– Are there beyond-compliance activities?
– How do you report cyberattacks?
– Which rules constitute best practices?
– How do we prioritize risks?
– Can Procurement be learned?
Service management Critical Criteria:
Use past Service management governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Service management.
– So you have designed a great process, have invested in a slick itsm tool and paid your consultants for the best advice you could purchase. What makes you think anyone is actually going to follow the new processes after you close up the project and take down the posters?
– Client participation is one of the best indicators of program quality. if participation is low or declining, it may be an indicator of customer dissatisfaction with one or more aspects of the program. what client involvement is there with the current program?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What continuity plans are in place for recovering data, infrastructure and applications?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade/refresh cycles?
– How do the elements of our service package support our competitive strategy?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– If your itsm team is slated for growth, what are the relevant reasons?
– Are records available for three years plus the current year?
– What Processes are currently specified and used?
– What do we really want from Service Management?
– Can our major competitors copy our strategy?
– Who gverns an enterprise tool strategy?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– Who is responsible for what?
– Is ITIL becoming irrelevant?
– What is HACCP to us?
Tender notification Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Tender notification planning and finalize specific methods for Tender notification acceptance.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Procurement ?
Annual general meeting Critical Criteria:
Guard Annual general meeting failures and prioritize challenges of Annual general meeting.
– Think about the people you identified for your Procurement project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What is the purpose of Procurement in relation to the mission?
– Do we have past Procurement Successes?
Request for Solution Critical Criteria:
Boost Request for Solution failures and secure Request for Solution creativity.
– How do we manage Procurement Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are current Procurement Paradigms?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Confer over Business analysis adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Procurement processes?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Are there Procurement problems defined?
Innovation management Critical Criteria:
Survey Innovation management issues and catalog Innovation management activities.
– Is there a Procurement Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Procurement Management?
– Do we all define Procurement in the same way?
Institute of Supply Management Critical Criteria:
Consider Institute of Supply Management failures and secure Institute of Supply Management creativity.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Procurement effort?
Global sourcing Critical Criteria:
Add value to Global sourcing outcomes and describe the risks of Global sourcing sustainability.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Procurement? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the usability implications of Procurement actions?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Business operations risks and triple focus on important concepts of Business operations relationship management.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Procurement project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
Problem management Critical Criteria:
Mix Problem management engagements and optimize Problem management leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Procurement activities?
– What is a key activity in problem management?
– What threat is Procurement addressing?
National Association of State Procurement Officials Critical Criteria:
Focus on National Association of State Procurement Officials adoptions and find the essential reading for National Association of State Procurement Officials researchers.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Procurement into the services that we provide?
Financial statement analysis Critical Criteria:
Learn from Financial statement analysis planning and prioritize challenges of Financial statement analysis.
– What are the business goals Procurement is aiming to achieve?
Indirect procurement Critical Criteria:
Add value to Indirect procurement issues and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Indirect procurement projects.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Procurement processes?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Coach on Project management tasks and attract Project management skills.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Operationally, what does project management integration mean?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– How is the value delivered by Procurement being measured?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– What is scrum?
– When is done done?
Technology management Critical Criteria:
Dissect Technology management engagements and plan concise Technology management education.
– Is Supporting Procurement documentation required?
Hierarchical organization Critical Criteria:
Add value to Hierarchical organization goals and differentiate in coordinating Hierarchical organization.
– Think about the functions involved in your Procurement project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the short and long-term Procurement goals?
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Critical Criteria:
Derive from Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply skills.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Procurement does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Procurement objectives?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Use past Operations management goals and figure out ways to motivate other Operations management users.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Procurement that make it risky?
– What are the barriers to increased Procurement production?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
Constitutional documents Critical Criteria:
Jump start Constitutional documents quality and slay a dragon.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Procurement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Procurement project lifecycle?
– When a Procurement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Quality management quality and probe Quality management strategic alliances.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Is the scope of Procurement defined?
Organizational space Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Organizational space failures and devote time assessing Organizational space and its risk.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Procurement leader?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Own Call for bids management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Call for bids projects.
– In the case of a Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Organizational communication Critical Criteria:
Focus on Organizational communication failures and drive action.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Procurement. How do we gain traction?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Procurement project?
Corporate crime Critical Criteria:
Mix Corporate crime leadership and sort Corporate crime activities.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Procurement leaders?
– How to Secure Procurement?
Request for quotation Critical Criteria:
Frame Request for quotation goals and separate what are the business goals Request for quotation is aiming to achieve.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Procurement process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Procurement process available?
Maintenance, repair, and operations Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Maintenance, repair, and operations issues and define what our big hairy audacious Maintenance, repair, and operations goal is.
– In what ways are Procurement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Procurement study?
– Will Procurement deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Give examples of United States Department of Defense quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive United States Department of Defense decisions.
– For your Procurement project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Procurement process?
– Who sets the Procurement standards?
Legal personality Critical Criteria:
Meet over Legal personality quality and know what your objective is.
– what is the best design framework for Procurement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Procurement Critical Criteria:
Depict Procurement governance and finalize the present value of growth of Procurement.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Procurement project?
International finance Critical Criteria:
Accelerate International finance risks and finalize specific methods for International finance acceptance.
– How will you know that the Procurement project has been successful?
Request for tender Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Request for tender projects and acquire concise Request for tender education.
– Have you identified your Procurement key performance indicators?
– Are there recognized Procurement problems?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Materials management issues and triple focus on important concepts of Materials management relationship management.
– Consider your own Procurement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How likely is the current Procurement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Venture capital leadership and reduce Venture capital costs.
– Do those selected for the Procurement team have a good general understanding of what Procurement is all about?
– Does Procurement appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Board of directors Critical Criteria:
Canvass Board of directors visions and transcribe Board of directors as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What key measures should we include in our annual report to our Board of Directors?
Advisory board Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Advisory board outcomes and acquire concise Advisory board education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Procurement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Procurement forward?
– Think of your Procurement project. what are the main functions?
Economic development Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Economic development leadership and sort Economic development activities.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on National Diet Library visions and observe effective National Diet Library.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Procurement services/products?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Procurement products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are specific Procurement Rules to follow?
Security management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Security management quality and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Security management results.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Does the service agreement have metrics for measuring performance and effectiveness of security management?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– So, how does security management manifest in cloud services?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Shared services Critical Criteria:
Unify Shared services strategies and point out improvements in Shared services.
– What is the source of the strategies for Procurement strengthening and reform?
– What vendors make products that address the Procurement needs?
Limited liability company Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Limited liability company adoptions and proactively manage Limited liability company risks.
– How can you measure Procurement in a systematic way?
Asset management Critical Criteria:
Coach on Asset management risks and summarize a clear Asset management focus.
– Do we have processes for managing Human Resources across the business. (eg. staffing skills and numbers are known and predictions are made of future needs? new staff are inducted and trained to suit needs? succession planning is catered for?
– What are the key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– What are our key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– What is your it asset management program. is it manual or automated (which vendor)?
– What processes do we have in place to harvest licenses from disposed hardware?
– What processes do we have in place to determine our risk exposure?
– How important is Procurement to the user organizations mission?
– Can you identify all your it hardware and software locations?
– If someone installs software, how do we keep track of it?
– What is our policy around the distribution of software?
– What assets benefit from the discipline of itam?
– How are employees affected by the cm process?
– What would it cost to replace our technology?
– What are significant events about it?
– Which assets need managing?
– Why create a it am system?
– Who/what depends on it?
– What do it staff need?
– What is an it asset?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Rank Marketing management outcomes and change contexts.
– Do the Procurement decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Financial risk Critical Criteria:
Investigate Financial risk goals and do something to it.
– Financial risk -can the organization afford to undertake the project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Procurement?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Marketing research failures and shift your focus.
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Organizational behavior Critical Criteria:
Look at Organizational behavior management and point out improvements in Organizational behavior.
– Should organizational behavior management expand its content?
– How Do We Know What We Know about Organizational Behavior?
Conflict management Critical Criteria:
Consider Conflict management issues and arbitrate Conflict management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– To what extent does management recognize Procurement as a tool to increase the results?
Capital budgeting Critical Criteria:
Generalize Capital budgeting results and remodel and develop an effective Capital budgeting strategy.
– Should analysts measure cash flows of capital budgeting projects from the viewpoint of the subsidiary or the parent?
– If the firm invests by choosing projects with the shortest payback period, which project would it invest in?
– Why should the risk associated with a project be considered when making a capital budgeting decision?
– What is the appropriate treatment of recaptured NOWC in terms of computing terminal cash flows?
– What are the tax benefits of depreciation and how do they play into cash flow calculations?
– In what way is the NPV consistent with the principle of shareholder wealth maximization?
– Which investments does the firm accept if the cutoff payback period is three years?
– What is the difference between conventional and unconventional cash flow patterns?
– How do you come up with the right discounted payback period cut-off?
– What are the costs and benefits of maintaining inventories?
– How is the WACC used to make capital budgeting decisions?
– What are the three components of a firms credit policy?
– What happens if the net cash flows are uneven?
– Do we need CAPM for capital budgeting?
– What is Discounted Cash Flow Analysis?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– When are the NPV and IRR reliable?
– What is capital budgeting?
– What is NPV?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Procurement Project Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Procurement External links:
IAA – Title Procurement Dashboard | Insurance Auto Auctions
[PDF]TITLE I–PROCUREMENT – Document Repository
NMPPA – New Mexico Public Procurement Association
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
CMstat – Configuration Management
Crisis management External links:
International Crisis Management Conference
AlertSense – Crisis Management and Collaboration Platform
Crisis Management Planning | Paradigm Solutions …
Financial market External links:
The Fed – Designated Financial Market Utilities
Market News International – Financial Market News
Financial Market News, Foreign Exchange Markets (Real …
International trade External links:
International Trade Today – Official Site
Washington International Trade Association (WITA)
WIIT – Association of Women in International Trade
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Business judgment rule External links:
What is the Business Judgment Rule – YouTube
Commercial management External links:
Commercial Management Insurance Services, Inc.
Equity Commercial Management
Electronic business External links:
Home – Electronic Business Machines
Electronic Business Services
About Us – Electronic Business Machines
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Labour economics External links:
Labour Economics – ScienceDirect.com
Process management External links:
Naviant – Business Process Management
BP3 | Business Process Management
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
Public economics External links:
Journal of Public Economics – ScienceDirect.com
[PDF]Public Economics & Decision Making Syllabus
https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/Brett Econ PDF.pdf
[PDF]ECON 7340: Empirical Methods in Public Economics …
https://lim.economics.cornell.edu/ECON7340_Syllabus Spring 2016.pdf
Stock market External links:
Yahoo – Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News
Market Overview & Stock Market Research | Scottrade
Public relations External links:
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Public Relations – Americas Job Exchange
Public Relations | About Us – Capital Title
Knowledge economy External links:
Knowledge Economy Definition | Investopedia
Content and the Knowledge Economy – Marketo
Productivity Game – Thriving in a Knowledge Economy
Organizational engineering External links:
Team Analysis – Organizational Engineering and …
The Organizational Engineering Institute, tools and information on the study of organizational engineering.
http://Certification · Contact · Theory/Practice · Search · Monique B. Carnino · I Opt
Phoenix Organizational Engineering Attorneys – Law …
Commercial bank External links:
Commercial Bank – Official Site
Home – Commercial Bank
Commercial Bank of Grayson
Distributed management External links:
Distributed Management – Internet Engineering Task Force
DISTRIBUTED MANAGEMENT – BUNKER M. SCOTT
CiteSeerX — Distributed management by delegation
Organizational patterns External links:
Text Structure and Organizational Patterns Worksheets
[PDF]SOL Review READING organizational patterns, word …
[PDF]Organizational Patterns of Paragraphs – St. Kate’s
Risk management External links:
irmi.com – Risk Management | Insurance Education
SaferWatch – Carrier Monitoring and Risk Management
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Service management External links:
Franchise Field Service Management Software – ServiceBridge
Field Service Management Software – Dispatch, …
ServiceAide Cloud Service Management
Annual general meeting External links:
Annual General Meeting minutes | Master Of Meetings
BP plc Annual General Meeting 2017 – proxydocs.com
Business analysis External links:
Business analysis (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Innovation management External links:
Innovation Management from the Experts – Ideawake
Imaginatik | Innovation Management Software & Consulting
Ratio Innovation Management
Institute of Supply Management External links:
Global Institute of Supply Management – GISM – Home – Facebook
Global sourcing External links:
What is Global Sourcing? (with pictures) – wisegeek.org
Global Sourcing Solution
Supply Chain Risk Mitigation | Global Sourcing …
Business operations External links:
Your Business Operations Center – PCH Technologies
How much does a business operations manager make?
UofL Business Operations
Problem management External links:
Problem Management | ServiceNow
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
HDI Problem Management Professional | FUSION 17
National Association of State Procurement Officials External links:
Home – National Association of State Procurement Officials
Home – National Association of State Procurement Officials
National Association of State Procurement Officials …
Financial statement analysis External links:
Financial Statement Analysis – Investopedia
Financial Statement Analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Statement Spreading | Financial Statement Analysis Software
Indirect procurement External links:
Indirect Procurement | MRO Procurement | SDI
Director Indirect Procurement, | IllinoisJobLink.com
Project management External links:
Pepper Construction Project Management Solution
Career Academy – Project Management, Business Skills, …
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Technology management External links:
dmarcian-eu – dmarcian – DMARC – Technology Management …
Engineering and Technology Management
Information Technology Management | Coral Springs, FL
Hierarchical organization External links:
http://A hierarchical organization is an organizational structure where every entity in the organization, except one, is subordinate to a single other entity. This arrangement is a form of a hierarchy. In an organization, the hierarchy usually consists of a singular/group of power at the top with subsequent levels of power beneath them.
Hierarchical Organization of Resources for Localization
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply External links:
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply – Official Site
Operations management External links:
Operations management (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Operations Management Software | Dude Solutions
Constitutional documents External links:
PureCircle Shareholder and Constitutional Documents
Constitutional documents, Pakistan (Book, 1964) …
Quality management External links:
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Quality Management Software Solutions | ARMATURE Corp
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Organizational space External links:
Organizational Spaces – Edward Elgar Publishing
CiteSeerX — Organizational space:
Call for bids External links:
RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Kendall County, Illinois
Business Services / Call for Bids – isd742.org
City of Renton Call for Bids
Organizational communication External links:
[PPT]Organizational Communication – Illinois State University
Organizational communication (Book, 2010) …
Steven Gaffney – Organizational Communication Expert
Corporate crime External links:
Corporate Crime Reporter
“CORPORATE CRIME. REPORTING OBLIGATIONS …
corporate crime | law | Britannica.com
Request for quotation External links:
[PDF]REQUEST FOR QUOTATION “RFQ” – New Jersey
[XLS]Request For Quotation – JaxWorks
http://www.jaxworks.com/Request For Quotation.xls
[DOC]REQUEST FOR QUOTATION – FAACO
Maintenance, repair, and operations External links:
Maintenance, Repair, and Operations | MRO Solutions | SDI
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
Legal personality External links:
[PDF]LEGAL PERSONALITY – nigerianlawguru.com
Legal personality, (Book, 1924) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]The Legal Personality of the European Union
Procurement External links:
NMPPA – New Mexico Public Procurement Association
IAA – Title Procurement Dashboard | Insurance Auto Auctions
International finance External links:
[PDF]Institute of International Finance (IIF)
Upcoming Events | The Institute of International Finance
International Finance Bank
Request for tender External links:
Tender Detail for REQUEST FOR TENDER FOR THE …
Request for tender
http://A request for tenders (RFT) is a formal, structured invitation to suppliers, to bid, to supply products or services. In the public sector an official fee is needed to fortify and secure the tender bid engagement/win documents, such a process may be required and determined in detail by law to ensure that such competition for the use of public fund is open, fair and free from bribery and nepotism.
Materials management External links:
Materials Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Tompkins County | Recycling and Materials Management
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Venture capital External links:
Healthcare Venture Capital | 7wire Ventures
Digital Future – Venture Capital Firm from Ukraine
Venture Capital – Mashable
Board of directors External links:
NJPCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS – New Jersey Primary …
Board of Directors – Kansas Chiropractic Association
Board of Directors | HDR
Advisory board External links:
iRound for Patient Experience | The Advisory Board Company
The Science Advisory Board – Home Page
The Advisory Board Company – Compass Portal
Economic development External links:
Economic Development and Finance: Home
– Chester County Economic Development Council
Saratoga Economic Development Corporation
National Diet Library External links:
Opening Hours & Library Holidays｜National Diet Library
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
National Diet Library law. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Security management External links:
VISIBLE VISITORS – Entry Security Management System …
Cloud Based Security Management – MAXPRO® Cloud
Yantarni Security – Security Management
Shared services External links:
Financial Management Services | Financial Shared Services
IT Workforce Development Shared Services
NSSC Home – NASA Shared Services
Limited liability company External links:
Limited Liability Company – LLC – Investopedia
Limited Liability Company Publications/Forms
[PDF]2015 568 Booklet — Limited Liability Company Tax …
Asset management External links:
Frontier Asset Management
VTS | The Leading Leasing and Asset Management Platform
Digital Asset Management Software – Webdam
Marketing management External links:
Marketing Management Software – CrossCap
Marketing Mix Modeling | Marketing Management Analytics
Financial risk External links:
Healthcare Compliance & Financial Risk Management
Financial Risk Management – Farin
eStatement Studies | Financial Risk Ratios | RMA
Marketing research External links:
Ask Survey Center | Marketing Research Specialists
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Organizational behavior External links:
Organizational behavior (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Organizational Behavior – Cognella
Organizational Behavior – AbeBooks
Conflict management External links:
[PDF]Conflict Management – Chalmers Publication Library …
Course 213: Conflict Management [1 day]
Capital budgeting External links:
Capital budgeting (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Harvard Case Study – Stryker Corporation: Capital Budgeting
Capital Budgeting | Congressional Budget Office