What is involved in Data Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Data Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Governance related domains to cover and 286 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Governance, Asset Description Metadata Schema, Basel I, Basel II, Basel II Accord, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Continuous improvement, Corporate data, Corporate governance, Cultural governance, DM Review Magazine, Data Protection Directive, Data mapping, Data profiling, Data quality, Data steward, Decision making, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, General Data Protection Regulation, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/TC 215, Information Architecture, Information governance, Information security, Information technology, Information technology controls, Information technology governance, Knowledge worker, Line function, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Master data management, Mergers and acquisitions, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Operational risk management, Political party governance, Private governance, Project governance, Project management, Quality control, SOA governance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Security sector governance and reform, Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules, Simulation Governance, Six Sigma, Soil governance, Supply chain, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Universal Data Element Framework, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Data Governance Critical Criteria:
Look at Data Governance outcomes and intervene in Data Governance processes and leadership.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– If enterprise data were always kept fully normalized and updated for business rule changes, would any system re-writes or replacement purchases be necessary?
– Is there an existing data element or combination of data elements that can answer the same question that the proposed new data element is meant to address?
– Is the data already collected/maintained or is similar data that might meet the need commonly collected?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice, policy, or research?
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– Are there opportunities from making this available to a broader audience?
– How can we leverage technology advances from other data systems?
– Can we do Data Governance without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Where does your sensitive data reside across the enterprise?
– Can this be shared in or outside of our organization?
– How do you decide which goals you should pursue?
– What factors make data governance successful?
– How will we use the data that is collected?
– How will decisions be made and monitored?
– What else are you trying to accomplish?
– Who should do what, and when?
– Existing data connections?
– What have we done so far?
– How do they help search?
Asset Description Metadata Schema Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Asset Description Metadata Schema management and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the key elements of your Data Governance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are there Data Governance Models?
Basel I Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Basel I tasks and get answers.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Governance?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Governance deliverables?
– How do we go about Securing Data Governance?
Basel II Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Basel II visions and remodel and develop an effective Basel II strategy.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Data Governance experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How will you know that the Data Governance project has been successful?
– How is the value delivered by Data Governance being measured?
Basel II Accord Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Basel II Accord results and look for lots of ideas.
– How can you negotiate Data Governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data Governance project manager?
– How important is Data Governance to the user organizations mission?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Chief governance officer outcomes and learn.
– Is there any existing Data Governance governance structure?
– Is Data Governance Required?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Climate governance management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Climate governance is getting what it needs.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data Governance been identified and analyzed?
– Why should we adopt a Data Governance framework?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Clinical governance failures and tour deciding if Clinical governance progress is made.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Governance?
– What are the barriers to increased Data Governance production?
– How much does Data Governance help?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Detail Collaborative governance management and shift your focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Governance. How do we gain traction?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Data Governance objectives?
– How to deal with Data Governance Changes?
Continuous improvement Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Continuous improvement projects and display thorough understanding of the Continuous improvement process.
– Does Data Governance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– So, how do you avoid getting wrapped up in the complexities and use systems thinking to guide change and continuous improvement?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Data Governance project?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– How do we place an emphasis on continuous improvement?
Corporate data Critical Criteria:
Look at Corporate data risks and maintain Corporate data for success.
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– Which of the SaaS employees has root and database access, and will anything prevent them from getting access to your corporate data?
– Will Data Governance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Corporate governance results and differentiate in coordinating Corporate governance.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Governance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do we keep improving Data Governance?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Cultural governance governance and find out.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Governance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Governance in a volatile global economy?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Governance forward?
DM Review Magazine Critical Criteria:
Coach on DM Review Magazine adoptions and summarize a clear DM Review Magazine focus.
– Do Data Governance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is Supporting Data Governance documentation required?
Data Protection Directive Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Data Protection Directive management and achieve a single Data Protection Directive view and bringing data together.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Governance study?
– Are accountability and ownership for Data Governance clearly defined?
Data mapping Critical Criteria:
Jump start Data mapping adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Data mapping goal is.
– Think of your Data Governance project. what are the main functions?
– What threat is Data Governance addressing?
Data profiling Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Data profiling visions and budget for Data profiling challenges.
– When a Data Governance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the short and long-term Data Governance goals?
– Is a Data Governance Team Work effort in place?
– Do we do data profiling?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Chart Data quality strategies and learn.
– Does the design of the program/projects overall data collection and reporting system ensure that, if implemented as planned, it will collect and report quality data?
– Are there operational indicator definitions meeting relevant standards that are systematically followed by all service points?
– Has the program/project clearly documented (in writing) what is reported to who, and how and when reporting is required?
– Do those selected for the Data Governance team have a good general understanding of what Data Governance is all about?
– Are clearly written instructions available on how to use the reporting tools/forms related to people reached/served?
– How can statistical hypothesis testing lead me to make an incorrect conclusion or decision?
– Do we Clean – fill gaps and fix errors (in the context of associated data where possible?
– Is data recorded with sufficient precision/detail to measure relevant indicators?
– Validity: do data values fall within acceptable ranges defined by the business?
– Missing values and defaults are indistinguishable too many missing values?
– Do we use controls throughout the data collection and management process?
– What is the proportion of missing values for each field?
– Data rich enough to answer analysis/business question?
– Have Data Quality objectives been met?
– What do we mean by Data Quality ?
– Are the attributes independent?
– Can Data Quality be improved?
– What makes up a good record?
– What Can Go Wrong?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Focus on Data steward management and prioritize challenges of Data steward.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Data Governance services/products?
– What are the long-term Data Governance goals?
– Other data stewards?
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Decision making engagements and correct better engagement with Decision making results.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
– Are we Assessing Data Governance and Risk?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Earth system governance management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Earth system governance services.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data Governance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data Governance project lifecycle?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Governance approaches/solutions?
– Are there recognized Data Governance problems?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Ecclesiastical polity risks and arbitrate Ecclesiastical polity techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Governance with what users do day-to-day?
– Is Data Governance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is our Data Governance Strategy?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Look at Environmental, social and corporate governance management and probe the present value of growth of Environmental, social and corporate governance.
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Governance strengthening and reform?
– Are assumptions made in Data Governance stated explicitly?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Environmental governance governance and describe which business rules are needed as Environmental governance interface.
– How do we manage Data Governance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does the Data Governance task fit the clients priorities?
General Data Protection Regulation Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize General Data Protection Regulation decisions and gather practices for scaling General Data Protection Regulation.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Data Governance, including any consulting or professional services?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Data Governance project?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Global governance decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Global governance is getting what it needs.
– How do we maintain Data Governances Integrity?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Dissect Good governance projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Data Governance into the services that we provide?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Governance, risk management, and compliance projects and correct Governance, risk management, and compliance management by competencies.
– Do the Data Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Data Governance move?
– Have all basic functions of Data Governance been defined?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Check Governance in higher education projects and catalog what business benefits will Governance in higher education goals deliver if achieved.
– Is maximizing Data Governance protection the same as minimizing Data Governance loss?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Governance needs?
ISO/IEC 38500 Critical Criteria:
Accommodate ISO/IEC 38500 issues and document what potential ISO/IEC 38500 megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Governance requirements in detail?
ISO/TC 215 Critical Criteria:
Set goals for ISO/TC 215 projects and grade techniques for implementing ISO/TC 215 controls.
– How do we measure improved Data Governance service perception, and satisfaction?
Information Architecture Critical Criteria:
Guide Information Architecture leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Information Architecture interface.
– Do you know what your users really want. What sorts of information do they need and expect to be provided as they review search results?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– What are the major problems Web-site users encounter that information architecture addresses?
– What can we present to the user on the web that cannot be done as well in any other medium?
– Is there a requirement to measure and evaluate the volume of information being generated?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of usage, navigation, search, etc?
– When conducting a website review what are some of the key areas that you look at?
– Has the usage analysis been performed for the information that will be generated?
– Is there a requirement for tagging information elements and their relationships?
– Has anyone ever done any user testing to verify if it s a good format/approach?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of navigation?
– Are there frustrations that are commonly expressed by your users?
– Do Nondomain Experts Enlist the Strategies of Domain Experts?
– What are the short-term goals with respect to the web site?
– What are the local navigation requirements at each level?
– Metadata; is there a metadata strategy?
– How should the content be organized?
– Image Search: What is the task?
– Do you index web pages?
– Who needs this content?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information governance issues and summarize a clear Information governance focus.
– Can we add value to the current Data Governance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Governance leader?
– How can the value of Data Governance be defined?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Steer Information security outcomes and learn.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Information technology goals and acquire concise Information technology education.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Does Data Governance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Information technology controls Critical Criteria:
Categorize Information technology controls tasks and maintain Information technology controls for success.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Governance is underway?
– Does our organization need more Data Governance education?
– Do we have past Data Governance Successes?
Information technology governance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Information technology governance leadership and be persistent.
– In what ways are Data Governance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Governance?
Knowledge worker Critical Criteria:
Infer Knowledge worker issues and ask what if.
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Will Data Governance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we Improve Data Governance service perception, and satisfaction?
Line function Critical Criteria:
Adapt Line function adoptions and revise understanding of Line function architectures.
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Unify Local governance tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Local governance.
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Trace Market governance mechanism failures and catalog what business benefits will Market governance mechanism goals deliver if achieved.
– What are all of our Data Governance domains and what do they do?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Shape Master data management visions and overcome Master data management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data Governance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data Governance?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Mergers and acquisitions visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Mergers and acquisitions.
– Is there a Data Governance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Have you identified your Data Governance key performance indicators?
– What is the purpose of Data Governance in relation to the mission?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Learn from Multistakeholder governance model tasks and point out improvements in Multistakeholder governance model.
– What is our formula for success in Data Governance ?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Network governance strategies and remodel and develop an effective Network governance strategy.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data Governance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Governance activities?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Examine Ocean governance results and explore and align the progress in Ocean governance.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Governance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Governance process available?
– Why is Data Governance important for you now?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Focus on Open-source governance adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing Open-source governance.
Operational risk management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Operational risk management engagements and get going.
– Are there Data Governance problems defined?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Political party governance governance and get out your magnifying glass.
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Private governance tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Private governance.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Governance process?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Governance goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How can we improve Data Governance?
Project governance Critical Criteria:
Match Project governance strategies and assess what counts with Project governance that we are not counting.
– Does Data Governance analysis show the relationships among important Data Governance factors?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Governance processes?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Project management projects and differentiate in coordinating Project management.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Data Governance?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– When does a project begin and end?
– What is agile anyways?
– What is scrum?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Investigate Quality control tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data Governance processes?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What about quality control?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Align SOA governance governance and triple focus on important concepts of SOA governance relationship management.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Data Governance effort?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Focus on Sarbanes-Oxley Act leadership and know what your objective is.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Data Governance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What about Data Governance Analysis of results?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
See the value of Security sector governance and reform leadership and improve Security sector governance and reform service perception.
– To what extent does management recognize Data Governance as a tool to increase the results?
– Who sets the Data Governance standards?
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules tasks and probe the present value of growth of Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules.
– In a project to restructure Data Governance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Simulation Governance Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Simulation Governance issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Simulation Governance because they lack skills.
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Six Sigma issues and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Six Sigma projects.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Does Data Governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Participate in Soil governance management and balance specific methods for improving Soil governance results.
– In the case of a Data Governance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data Governance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data Governance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data Governance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will you measure your Data Governance effectiveness?
Supply chain Critical Criteria:
Investigate Supply chain goals and remodel and develop an effective Supply chain strategy.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– Now that organizations have fine-tuned human performance, supply chain, operations, processes, cycle time, and other targeted areas, how can they continue to improve performance?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationships between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– How can sluggish supply chains be empowered by IoT to make them more transparent and responsive?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data Governance processes of our organization?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What is our current position within our supply chain?
– In HW, SW & Services we source from a global supply chain?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Sustainable Governance Indicators outcomes and drive action.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Governance values?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Adapt Technology governance leadership and question.
– How do we know that any Data Governance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Transnational governance goals and look in other fields.
– Does Data Governance appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Universal Data Element Framework Critical Criteria:
Apply Universal Data Element Framework governance and plan concise Universal Data Element Framework education.
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Website governance results and maintain Website governance for success.
– Among the Data Governance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Data Governance that make it risky?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Disseminate World Governance Index failures and cater for concise World Governance Index education.
– Consider your own Data Governance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Governance External links:
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Asset Description Metadata Schema External links:
[PDF]ASSET DESCRIPTION METADATA SCHEMA …
Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS)
Basel I External links:
Theater Basel I Juditha triumphans – YouTube
[PDF]Public Comment, Basel I-A, Sallie Mae
[PDF]Ekkehard W. Stegemann, Basel I – vanderbilt.edu
Basel II External links:
Turmoil reveals the inadequacy of Basel II – Financial Times
What is Basel II? – Video | Investopedia
What is Basel II? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Basel II Accord External links:
Basel II Accord Requirements: Risk Management & …
Basel II Accord | Basel Ii | Capital Requirement
Overview of Basel II Accord – Finance Train
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer, OSGE | Devex
Chief Governance Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Climate governance External links:
Climate Governance Experiments | Matthew J. Hoffmann
Experiments in climate governance – A systematic review …
It’s time for new climate governance – from below
Clinical governance External links:
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Clinical Governance Essays – ManyEssays.com
[PDF]Definition of Clinical Governance – KZN HEALTH
Collaborative governance External links:
Consortium on Collaborative Governance | Bedrosian …
Collaborative Governance Home Page – Mass General
Collaborative Governance: Diversity Steering Committee
Continuous improvement External links:
[PDF]Title: Continuous Improvement Manager – …
Continuous Improvement Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Title I / Continuous Improvement Plans
Corporate data External links:
Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW)
Ceridian Corporate Data | Corporate Information | Ceridian
Corporate Data | Corporate Information | Daikin Global
Corporate governance External links:
Corporate Governance – PepsiCo
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of …
Cultural governance External links:
[PDF]Cultural Governance and Development in Vietnam
What do we mean by Cultural Governance? – YouTube
Cultural governance in contemporary China: popular …
DM Review Magazine External links:
DM Review Magazine Archives – MBA Depot
[PDF]Product Review published in DM Review Magazine, …
DRM – DM Review Magazine | AcronymAttic
Data Protection Directive External links:
European Union Data Protection Directive Privacy Statement
Data Protection Directive
http://The Data Protection Directive (officially Directive 95/46/EC on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data) is a European Union directive adopted in 1995 which regulates the processing of personal data within the European Union.
Data mapping External links:
What is Data Mapping? – Bridging the Gap
[PDF]Job Title: Data Mapping and Process Automation …
Data profiling External links:
Data Profiling – FREE download Data Profiling
Data Analysis | Data Profiling | Experian Data Quality
Data quality External links:
Data quality (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
ISO Data Quality – NOAA Environmental Data Management …
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data steward External links:
http://A data steward is a person responsible for the management and fitness of data elements (also known as critical data elements) – both the content and metadata. Data stewards have a specialist role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations’ entire data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
20 Best Title:(data Steward) jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Data Steward Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Decision making External links:
Essays on decision making – Rutgers University
Effective Decision Making | SkillsYouNeed
Mayo Clinic Shared Decision Making National Resource Center
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental Governance | A research collaboration …
Reconfiguring environmental governance: Towards a …
General Data Protection Regulation External links:
[PDF]EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – IAPP
[PDF]General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR – The General Data Protection Regulation
Global governance External links:
[PDF]The Multinational Corporation and Global Governance
Good governance External links:
Read The 2017 Good Governance Report | CQI | IRCA
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
Organization and Governance in Higher Education (6th Edition) (ASHE Reader) [M. Christopher Brown II Edited by, Jason E. Lane, Eboni …
ISO/IEC 38500 External links:
ISO/IEC 38500—the international standard for IT Governance
ISO/IEC 38500: The IT Governance Standard on JSTOR
ISO/TC 215 External links:
ISO/TC 215- Health Informatics | HIMSS
Information Architecture External links:
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Information governance External links:
Information Governance Initiative
Information Governance (IG) – AHIMA Home
Information security External links:
Title & Settlement Information Security
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Information technology governance External links:
105.200 – Information Technology Governance
Knowledge worker External links:
What is knowledge worker? – Definition from WhatIs.com
knowledge worker Flashcards | Quizlet
intellilink | Knowledge Worker Productivity
Line function External links:
Convert a Date to a Julian Date (one-line function)
Is there a one-line function that generates a triangle wave?
line function – Wiktionary
Local governance External links:
DeLoG – Decentralisation & Local Governance
Local Governance Research Labatory
Equality Indicators – Institute for State and Local Governance
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
[PDF]Mergers and Acquisitions in the U.S. Economy: An …
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Network governance External links:
Nonprofit Network – Nonprofit Network Governance
Network governance: PwC
UTSCAP Network Governance – UTSW Medicine
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
International Ocean Governance | Project AWARE
Operational risk management External links:
Elements of an Operational Risk Management Program
ABA Certificate in Operational Risk Management
Political party governance External links:
On Malawi political party governance | Malawi Nyasa …
Private governance External links:
Public & Private Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Merging Public and Private Governance: How Disney’s …
Project governance External links:
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
Project Governance Plans: Execution and Oversight
[PDF]IT Project Governance Manual Version 1
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Quality control External links:
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Quality Control | Clinical Diagnostics | Bio-Rad
Part D: Ensuring Quality Control (QC) – fanniemae.com
SOA governance External links:
SOA What? Why You Need an SOA Governance Framework | CIO
SOA governance technologies – Gartner IT Glossary
A case for SOA governance – ibm.com
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
Sarbanes-Oxley Act – SearchCIO
Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (2002; 107th Congress H.R. …
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 – soxlaw.com
Security sector governance and reform External links:
Security Sector Governance and Reform: Guidelines for …
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules External links:
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules
Simulation Governance External links:
Simulation Governance Althea de Souza – ESRD
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Six Sigma External links:
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification CSSGB – ASQ
Supply chain External links:
CaseStack Supply Chain Solutions
Welcome to UPS Supply Chain Solutions
Technology governance External links:
Information Technology Governance Committee – Just …
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Transnational governance External links:
Transnational Governance, Deliberative Democracy, and …
Universal Data Element Framework External links:
[PDF]Universal Data Element Framework pp3 – The …
Universal Data Element Framework | Joinup
[PDF]The Universal Data Element Framework – An …
Website governance External links:
Website Governance | Smith College
World Governance Index External links:
World Governance Index and Pakistan’s Trade Deficit – …