What is involved in Revenue Assurance
Find out what the related areas are that Revenue Assurance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Revenue Assurance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Revenue Assurance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Revenue Assurance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Revenue Assurance related domains to cover and 86 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Revenue Assurance, Cash flow, Complex system, Data quality, Federal Communications Commission, Internet service provider, Profit, Revenue, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Telecommunication:
Revenue Assurance Critical Criteria:
Examine Revenue Assurance goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Revenue Assurance information.
– How can you negotiate Revenue Assurance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Revenue Assurance processes?
Cash flow Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Cash flow visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Cash flow information.
– If depreciation is an expense, why is it added back to an investments net income to compute the net cash flow from that investment?
– What are the major differences between cash flow analyses for an expansion project and those for a replacement project?
– Should analysts measure cash flows of capital budgeting projects from the viewpoint of the subsidiary or the parent?
– Are earnings and cash flow sufficient to cover interest payments and provide for some principal repayment?
– Include all projected income and all projected cash disbursements (payments) Hows your cash flow?
– Are earnings and cash flows sufficient to cover interest payments and some principal repayments?
– What is the appropriate treatment of recaptured NOWC in terms of computing terminal cash flows?
– Should the firm include the cost of the land in estimating the cash flows of the project?
– Why should the capital budgeting process use cash flows instead of accounting profits?
– Why should corporate managers consider only incremental, after-tax cash flows?
– Should financing costs be considered when measuring a projects cash flows?
– Which costs should be included in incremental cash flows?
– Should sunk costs be included when estimating cash flows?
– How would you describe a poor, or negative, cash flow?
– What happens if the net cash flows are uneven?
– What is Discounted Cash Flow Analysis?
– How do cash flow problems start?
– Why Cash Flow Planning?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Look at Complex system decisions and look in other fields.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Revenue Assurance?
– Can we do Revenue Assurance without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is Supporting Revenue Assurance documentation required?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Talk about Data quality governance and reduce Data quality costs.
– Integrity: is the structure of data and relationships among entities and attributes maintained consistently?
– What are the known sources of errors in the administrative data (e.g. non-response, keying, coding errors)?
– Do we double check that the data collected follows the plans and procedures for data collection?
– Can you be reasonably sure that the same set of data will be available to you next year?
– Are source documents kept and made available in accordance with a written policy?
– Accuracy: does the data accurately represent reality or a verifiable source?
– Missing values and defaults are indistinguishable too many missing values?
– What is the purpose of Revenue Assurance in relation to the mission?
– Is information on the physical properties of the media required?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– Has management performed regular Data Quality assessments?
– Describe the overall aim of your policy and context?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– What do we mean by Data Quality ?
– Are the attributes independent?
– Is the review date identified?
– Can we interpret the data?
– Is the system flexible?
– Is the system simple?
– Where to clean?
Federal Communications Commission Critical Criteria:
Investigate Federal Communications Commission governance and correct Federal Communications Commission management by competencies.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Revenue Assurance values?
– How do we maintain Revenue Assurances Integrity?
– How do we keep improving Revenue Assurance?
Internet service provider Critical Criteria:
Learn from Internet service provider leadership and attract Internet service provider skills.
– What are the disruptive Revenue Assurance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– To what extent does management recognize Revenue Assurance as a tool to increase the results?
– How can you measure Revenue Assurance in a systematic way?
Profit Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Profit strategies and point out improvements in Profit.
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– How is LTV calculated and how does it differ from ROI and profitability?
– How do we incorporate a service profit chain concept in our design?
– Are profits high enough, given the level of sales?
– Who are your most profitable Clients?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– Is the balance of retained profits?
– Effect on category profits?
– Is gross profit holding?
Revenue Critical Criteria:
Canvass Revenue decisions and look in other fields.
– Distribution of Savings – It should be distributed in proportion to contribution to savings, after expenses, but will savings go to investors, owners, to cover lost hospital or providers revenues relative to fee for service?
– Will our actions, process, program or procedure result in the loss of revenue, workforce downtime, litigation, or increased resource expenditure?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Are we taking our company in the direction of better and revenue or cheaper and cost?
– Are you taking your company in the direction of better and revenue or cheaper and cost?
– How well are the companys assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
– Are you achieving the sales revenue per channel partner that you expect?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– Does our organization need more Revenue Assurance education?
– Is revenue recognition aggressive or conservative?
– When should the revenue be recognized?
– How are revenue variances computed?
– How does the firm measure revenues?
– What was revenue for the year?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Trace Sarbanes-Oxley Act adoptions and find out.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Revenue Assurance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are there recognized Revenue Assurance problems?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Adapt Telecommunication issues and drive action.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Revenue Assurance in a volatile global economy?
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Revenue Assurance been identified and analyzed?
– What are the business goals Revenue Assurance is aiming to achieve?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Revenue Assurance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Revenue Assurance External links:
Revenue assurance. (eJournal / eMagazine, 2000s) …
Revenue assurance (eJournal / eMagazine, 1990s) …
Revenue Assurance Framework | Experian
Cash flow External links:
Cash flow definition — AccountingTools
Investors Title (ITIC) Cash Flow – Investing.com
[PDF]Cash Flow Analysis (Form 1084) – Fannie Mae
Complex system External links:
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Data quality External links:
CLIENTSFirst Consulting – Data Quality Consultants | …
Data quality (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
ISO Data Quality – NOAA Environmental Data Management …
Federal Communications Commission External links:
Federal Communications Commission | The United …
Federal Communications Commission – Home | Facebook
[PDF]Before the Federal Communications Commission …
Internet service provider External links:
Internet Service Provider in Kansas City, MO | Google Fiber
ProValue.net – Rural High Speed Internet Service Provider
NetWest Online, Inc – Premier Internet Service Provider
Profit External links:
Nonprofit Quarterly – Official Site
eBay Listing Fee and Net Profit Calculator | Salecalc.com
Government or Not-for-Profit Workplace Retirement Account
Revenue External links:
U.S. Code: Title 26 – INTERNAL REVENUE CODE | US Law | …
Refunds | Internal Revenue Service – IRS
Revenue Cycle Management Solutions | ZirMed
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
Public Law 107 – 204 – Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
[PDF]SARBANES-OXLEY ACT OF 2002 – House Office of
https://legcounsel.house.gov/Comps/Sarbanes-oxley Act Of 2002.pdf
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 – soxlaw.com
Telecommunication External links:
Lightpath – Business Telecommunications – Fiber Optic …
TKS | English telecommunications.
Telecommunication Operations Center