What is involved in Business rules
Find out what the related areas are that Business rules connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business rules thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business rules engine journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business rules engine leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business rules related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business rules, Business rule, Business, Business Process Modeling Notation, Business Risks, Business analysis, Business analyst, Business logic, Business process, Business rule management system, Business rule mining, Business rules approach, Conceptual schema, Decision Model and Notation, Drools, Ephemeral, Glossary, Knowledge, Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules, Z notation:
Business rules Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Business rules issues and explore and align the progress in Business rules.
– What are our needs in relation to Business rules skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business rules strengthening and reform?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business rules that make it risky?
Business rule Critical Criteria:
Check Business rule engagements and prioritize challenges of Business rule.
– If enterprise data were always kept fully normalized and updated for business rule changes, would any system re-writes or replacement purchases be necessary?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business rules requirements in detail?
– Is there any existing Business rules governance structure?
– Do we have past Business rules Successes?
Business Critical Criteria:
Guide Business quality and devise Business key steps.
– Does your bi solution have dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Which OpenSource ETL tool is easier to use more agile Pentaho Kettle Jitterbit Talend Clover Jasper Rhino?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– Have the teams implementing the alliance received formal training on building relationships?
– Why does animosity endure between IT and business when it comes to business intelligence?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– Does increasing our companys footprint add to the challenge of business continuity?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– What are some common criticisms of Sharepoint as a knowledge sharing tool?
– What are the main full web business intelligence solutions?
– Can budgeted funds be moved from one category to another?
– Does our organization need more Business rules education?
– Has the supply manager been thoroughly trained?
– What is the future of BI Score cards KPI etc?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
– Where do successful BRMs come from?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Sort Business Process Modeling Notation planning and pay attention to the small things.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business rules strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What about Business rules Analysis of results?
Business Risks Critical Criteria:
Merge Business Risks issues and revise understanding of Business Risks architectures.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business rules services/products?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business rules?
– Is the scope of Business rules defined?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Business analysis planning and finalize the present value of growth of Business analysis.
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– What are the short and long-term Business rules goals?
– Which Business rules goals are the most important?
– Is Business rules Required?
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Devise Business analyst risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business analyst decisions.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business rules project?
– Do the Business rules decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– How will you know that the Business rules project has been successful?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
Business logic Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Business logic outcomes and research ways can we become the Business logic company that would put us out of business.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business rules products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Can we do Business rules without complex (expensive) analysis?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Grade Business process engagements and look at it backwards.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Business rule management system Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Business rule management system strategies and perfect Business rule management system conflict management.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business rules?
Business rule mining Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Business rule mining outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Business rule mining.
Business rules approach Critical Criteria:
Map Business rules approach issues and stake your claim.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business rules in a volatile global economy?
– To what extent does management recognize Business rules as a tool to increase the results?
– How is the value delivered by Business rules being measured?
Conceptual schema Critical Criteria:
Canvass Conceptual schema engagements and do something to it.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business rules information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business rules experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business rules been identified and analyzed?
Decision Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Graph Decision Model and Notation risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Does Business rules systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business rules agendas for the next 3 years?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business rules project?
Drools Critical Criteria:
Recall Drools leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Drools relationship management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business rules? There might be some that are less obvious?
Ephemeral Critical Criteria:
Match Ephemeral issues and point out improvements in Ephemeral.
– what is the best design framework for Business rules organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business rules. How do we gain traction?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business rules is underway?
Glossary Critical Criteria:
Detail Glossary decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Glossary results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business rules process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business rules process available?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business rules process?
– What are the business goals Business rules is aiming to achieve?
Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Sort Knowledge engagements and correct Knowledge management by competencies.
– Do we support the certified Cybersecurity professional and cyber-informed operations and engineering professionals with advanced problem-solving tools, communities of practice, canonical knowledge bases, and other performance support tools?
– What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
– What domains of knowledge and types of Cybersecurity-associated skills and abilities are necessary for engineers involved in operating industrial processes to achieve safe and reliable operating goals?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– What are the objectives of our campaign as they relate to brand awareness, knowledge and interest, favorable attitudes and image, and purchase intentions?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– Are users knowledgeable about PKI, and how much training will they undergo?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– What Knowledge and Skills are Most Needed For DevOps?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules Critical Criteria:
Understand Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules information.
– Does Business rules create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– In what ways are Business rules vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are current Business rules Paradigms?
Z notation Critical Criteria:
Generalize Z notation projects and look in other fields.
– Is there a Business rules Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we manage Business rules Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How can you measure Business rules in a systematic way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business rules engine Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business rules External links:
[PDF]proposed Business Rules for Training (Phase I)
[PDF]Using Automated Decisioning and Business Rules …
Create and edit business rules – technet.microsoft.com
Business rule External links:
[PDF]Business Rule Management Systems and Financial …
[PDF]Business Rule Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Business External links:
Small Business Administration – Official Site
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
CiteSeerX — Business Process Modeling Notation
Title: Business Process Modeling Notation – An Overview
Business Process Modeling Notation – An Overview
Business Risks External links:
10 Ways AI and Chatbots Reduce Business Risks
These Are the Biggest Business Risks Today | Fortune
Business analysis External links:
Business Analysis Tools, Templates and Checklists – CEG
International Institute of Business Analysis – Official Site
Contract Business Analysis Repository
Business analyst External links:
What Business Analyst Skills are Important for a New BA?
Business Analyst Skills List and Examples
Project Management and Business Analyst Conferences
Business logic External links:
[PDF]Business Logic in the Presentation Layer – Tim …
Business process External links:
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business Process Manager Job Description and Salary
Business rule management system External links:
The Anatomy of a Business Rule Management System
Partner Programs | Business Rule management System …
Business rule mining External links:
Business Rule Mining from Spreadsheets – SAO/NASA …
[PDF]Business Rule Mining from Spreadsheets
Business rules approach External links:
What is a Business Rules Approach? | TDAN.com
The Business Rules Approach and Its Effect on Software …
Start by marking “What Not How: Business Rules Approach to Application Development” as Want to Read:
Conceptual schema External links:
[MC-CSDL]: Conceptual Schema Definition File Format
Evaluating Social Interventions: A Conceptual Schema – …
Decision Model and Notation External links:
Decision Model and Notation TCK – GitHub Pages
[PDF]Decision Model and Notation – OMG Issue Tracker
What is Decision Model and Notation – DMN?
Drools External links:
Drools – Official Site
KIE (Drools, OptaPlanner and jBPM) · GitHub
Drools – Download
Ephemeral External links:
Ephemeral | Definition of Ephemeral by Merriam-Webster
Ephemeral | Define Ephemeral at Dictionary.com
Glossary External links:
Glossary of Home Loan & Lending Terms
Glossary – Bankrate.com
Glossary – Proposition 65 Warnings Website
Knowledge External links:
Global Knowledge Training – Official Site
Knowledge Exchange Disclaimer
Indiana University Knowledge Base
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules External links:
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules
Z notation External links:
Introduction to Z Notation – YouTube
E-Z NOTATION FOR GEOMETRIC ISOMERISM – chemguide