What is involved in Hybrid WAN
Find out what the related areas are that Hybrid WAN connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Hybrid WAN thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Hybrid WAN journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Hybrid WAN leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Hybrid WAN related domains to cover and 92 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Hybrid WAN, Cloud computing, Command line interface, Data center, Desktop virtualization, Edge device, Frame relay, Go to market, High-definition video, Internet access, Low latency, Nemertes Research, Network World, Network congestion, Network emulation, Packet loss, Policy-based management, Service-level agreement, Software-defined networking, Streaming media, Wide area network:
Hybrid WAN Critical Criteria:
Nurse Hybrid WAN risks and differentiate in coordinating Hybrid WAN.
– what is the best design framework for Hybrid WAN organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Hybrid WAN Management?
– Who sets the Hybrid WAN standards?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Cloud computing visions and customize techniques for implementing Cloud computing controls.
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– What is grid computing?
Command line interface Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Command line interface issues and question.
– What are current Hybrid WAN Paradigms?
– Are we Assessing Hybrid WAN and Risk?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Chat re Data center results and track iterative Data center results.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– What are the long-term Hybrid WAN goals?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– Why are Hybrid WAN skills important?
Desktop virtualization Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Desktop virtualization quality and describe which business rules are needed as Desktop virtualization interface.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Hybrid WAN process?
– How likely is the current Hybrid WAN plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is maximizing Hybrid WAN protection the same as minimizing Hybrid WAN loss?
Edge device Critical Criteria:
Steer Edge device visions and remodel and develop an effective Edge device strategy.
– How do we measure improved Hybrid WAN service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– Why should we adopt a Hybrid WAN framework?
– How much does Hybrid WAN help?
Frame relay Critical Criteria:
Graph Frame relay decisions and explore and align the progress in Frame relay.
– Is Hybrid WAN dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is our formula for success in Hybrid WAN ?
– How would one define Hybrid WAN leadership?
Go to market Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Go to market tasks and check on ways to get started with Go to market.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Hybrid WAN objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
High-definition video Critical Criteria:
Revitalize High-definition video goals and oversee High-definition video requirements.
– Is a Hybrid WAN Team Work effort in place?
Internet access Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Internet access decisions and ask questions.
– Think about the functions involved in your Hybrid WAN project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Hybrid WAN goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are there recognized Hybrid WAN problems?
Low latency Critical Criteria:
Rank Low latency adoptions and do something to it.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Hybrid WAN information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What vendors make products that address the Hybrid WAN needs?
– How can we improve Hybrid WAN?
Nemertes Research Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Nemertes Research issues and devise Nemertes Research key steps.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Hybrid WAN processes?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Hybrid WAN leader?
– How will you measure your Hybrid WAN effectiveness?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Network World engagements and report on developing an effective Network World strategy.
– Do those selected for the Hybrid WAN team have a good general understanding of what Hybrid WAN is all about?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Hybrid WAN requirements in detail?
– What are the usability implications of Hybrid WAN actions?
Network congestion Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Network congestion goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Network congestion information.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Hybrid WAN project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Hybrid WAN strengthening and reform actually originate?
Network emulation Critical Criteria:
Group Network emulation results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Network emulation because they lack skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Hybrid WAN into the services that we provide?
– What are the business goals Hybrid WAN is aiming to achieve?
Packet loss Critical Criteria:
Face Packet loss quality and question.
– What is the source of the strategies for Hybrid WAN strengthening and reform?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Hybrid WAN project?
Policy-based management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Policy-based management risks and ask what if.
– How do we go about Comparing Hybrid WAN approaches/solutions?
– What threat is Hybrid WAN addressing?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Think about Service-level agreement projects and revise understanding of Service-level agreement architectures.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– Is there a Hybrid WAN Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Hybrid WAN activities?
– Are accountability and ownership for Hybrid WAN clearly defined?
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Recall Software-defined networking governance and track iterative Software-defined networking results.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Hybrid WAN? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Hybrid WAN?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Streaming media quality and figure out ways to motivate other Streaming media users.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Hybrid WAN project?
– What are our Hybrid WAN Processes?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Sort Wide area network failures and spearhead techniques for implementing Wide area network.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Hybrid WAN products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do Hybrid WAN rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we Improve Hybrid WAN service perception, and satisfaction?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Hybrid WAN Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Hybrid WAN External links:
Hybrid WAN – Cost-effective WAN Solutions
SD-WAN and Hybrid WAN with Broadband | SD-WAN Experts
What is hybrid WAN? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Command line interface External links:
[PDF]Avaya Command Line Interface Commands …
Data center External links:
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
ADE Data Center – Home
Desktop virtualization External links:
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Download Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization …
MED-V – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization | TechNet
Edge device External links:
Tactical Edge Device | Harris
Verizon Tweaks EDGE Device Payment Plan – Droid Life
Frame relay External links:
Frame Relay VS ATM – 74127 – The Cisco Learning Network
[DOC]Frame Relay – gad.net
Read this Science Essay and over 88,000 other research documents. Frame Relay. Frame Relay is a high-performance WAN protocol that operates at …
Go to market External links:
The twins go to market (Book, 1966) [WorldCat.org]
Internet access External links:
DISA Multi-Host Internet Access Portal
Internet Access – Dial-Up and DSL Internet Service – NetZero
Access from AT&T – Discount Internet Access
Low latency External links:
MusicianLink – Low Latency Internet Band Rehearsal
About Lightspeed | Ultra Low Latency Direct Market Access
Microwave market data at extreme low latency | Quincy Data
Nemertes Research External links:
Nemertes Research – Home | Facebook
Nemertes Research – Official Site
E911 Webinar: Nemertes Research Report | West …
Network World External links:
Network World – Home | Facebook
Network World – Official Site
Network World – IDG Enterprise
Network congestion External links:
CryptoKitties is causing ethereum network congestion — …
Clear up network congestion – TechRepublic
Network Congestion? | Verizon Community
Network emulation External links:
How to: Configure Network Emulation Using Test Settings …
Packet loss External links:
vSphere 6 experiencing high packet loss – VMGuru
What’s “normal” for latency and packet loss? – Pingman …
Policy-based management External links:
AWS Organizations – Policy-based management for …
Streaming media External links:
Streaming Media Players – Staples.com
Streaming Media Services – technet.microsoft.com
Streaming Media – Christian Bible College Worship
Wide area network External links:
Wide Area Network (WAN) | North Dakota ITD
Wide area network | computer science | Britannica.com
A wide area network (WAN) is a geographically dispersed telecommunications network. The term distinguishes a broader telecommunication structure from a local area network (LAN). A wide area network may be privately owned or rented, but the term usually connotes the inclusion of public (shared user) networks.