What is involved in Inbound Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Inbound Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Inbound Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Inbound Marketing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Inbound Marketing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Inbound Marketing related domains to cover and 29 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Inbound Marketing, Content marketing, HubSpot, Permission marketing, Search engine marketing, Search engine optimization, Social media:
Inbound Marketing Critical Criteria:
Mine Inbound Marketing quality and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Inbound Marketing information.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Inbound Marketing processes of our organization?
– Is maximizing Inbound Marketing protection the same as minimizing Inbound Marketing loss?
– Why should we adopt a Inbound Marketing framework?
Content marketing Critical Criteria:
See the value of Content marketing failures and define what do we need to start doing with Content marketing.
– Have you identified your Inbound Marketing key performance indicators?
– Who needs to know about Inbound Marketing ?
HubSpot Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in HubSpot leadership and handle a jump-start course to HubSpot.
– What are our needs in relation to Inbound Marketing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Inbound Marketing that make it risky?
Permission marketing Critical Criteria:
Mine Permission marketing planning and reduce Permission marketing costs.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Inbound Marketing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we measure improved Inbound Marketing service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are our Inbound Marketing Processes?
Search engine marketing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Search engine marketing tactics and sort Search engine marketing activities.
– Does Inbound Marketing analysis show the relationships among important Inbound Marketing factors?
– To what extent does management recognize Inbound Marketing as a tool to increase the results?
– Do Inbound Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Search engine optimization Critical Criteria:
Detail Search engine optimization failures and shift your focus.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Inbound Marketing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Inbound Marketing ?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Mix Social media failures and perfect Social media conflict management.
– When you use social media to complain about a Customer Service issue, how often do you feel you get an answer or your complaint is resolved by the company?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Inbound Marketing. How do we gain traction?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– Do you have written guidelines for your use of social media and its use by your employees?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Inbound Marketing project?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Inbound Marketing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Inbound Marketing External links:
Brand Development, Inbound Marketing & More with Hult
Milwaukee Inbound Marketing & Design Agency
Nonprofit Inbound Marketing | HubSpot
Content marketing External links:
Content Marketing Agency | Influence & Co.
Content Marketing Conference 2018 | Boston | May 2-4
User Generated Content Marketing Solution | Yotpo
HubSpot External links:
HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator
HubSpot (@HubSpot) | Twitter
Permission marketing External links:
Why Marketing Automation Needs Permission Marketing
Permission Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Search engine marketing External links:
Baidu Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Certification Program
Professional Search Engine Marketing Services | Deluxe
SEMpdx | Search Engine Marketing Assoc. of Portland, …
Search engine optimization External links:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | Coursera
Beginner’s Guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Moz
SEO Services | Managed Search Engine Optimization for …
Social media External links:
A Unified Social Media Management Platform – Statusbrew