What is involved in Collaborative Enterprise Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Collaborative Enterprise Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Collaborative Enterprise Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Collaborative Enterprise Architecture related domains to cover and 328 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture, IDS Scheer, Performance management, Waterfall model, Iterative and incremental development, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Data store, United States Department of the Interior, Watts Humphrey, Systems modeling, Project management, Information technology governance, Knowledge management, Systems development life cycle, Service Oriented Architecture, Peri Tarr, Evernden, Roger, Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations, Information technology, Formal methods, InterContinental Hotels Group, Architectural pattern, Data modeling, Software archaeology, Functional specification, Integrated Authority File, Requirements Engineering, Digital workplace, Enterprise Unified Process, Systems engineering, Systems analysis, Independence Blue Cross, Real Story Group, Incremental build model, Software quality, Entity–relationship model, Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge, Risk management, Enterprise Architect, Business transformation, Business process, Software maintenance, MEGA International Srl., United States Department of Defense, Business efficiency, United States, Software design, Software engineering, System Architect, IT risk management, Business application, Ivar Jacobson, Aspect-oriented software development, BiZZdesign Architect, Project portfolio management, IT management, Function model, Organizational unit, QPR Software, Spiral model, Extreme programming, Software prototyping, Architecture of Integrated Information Systems, Forrester Research, Business architecture, Enterprise architecture framework, Software verification and validation, Executable UML, Service-oriented architecture, Service-oriented modeling, Technology change:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Collaborative Enterprise Architecture tasks and define Collaborative Enterprise Architecture competency-based leadership.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project manager?
IDS Scheer Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for IDS Scheer engagements and oversee IDS Scheer requirements.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Understand Performance management projects and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Collaborative Enterprise Architecture ?
– Who needs to know about Collaborative Enterprise Architecture ?
– Who sets the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture standards?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Chart Waterfall model strategies and learn.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Collaborative Enterprise Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– What are our needs in relation to Collaborative Enterprise Architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Administer Iterative and incremental development governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How to Secure Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Review Capability Maturity Model Integration decisions and probe Capability Maturity Model Integration strategic alliances.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Collaborative Enterprise Architecture been identified and analyzed?
– How do we keep improving Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Data store Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Data store tactics and correct Data store management by competencies.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Structured versus unstructured: How is the data stored to enable the organization to access and manage the data in the future?
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the short and long-term Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to the offline data store?
– How does the customer check on the integrity of the data stored there?
– Is sensitive cardholder data stored in cookies secured or encrypted?
United States Department of the Interior Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize United States Department of the Interior failures and shift your focus.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Collaborative Enterprise Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Watts Humphrey tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Watts Humphrey is getting what it needs.
– Will Collaborative Enterprise Architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Administer Systems modeling tasks and triple focus on important concepts of Systems modeling relationship management.
– How do we manage Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
Project management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Project management goals and correct better engagement with Project management results.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Operationally, what does project management integration mean?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– What is agile project management?
– What is the cost of change?
– What is scrum?
Information technology governance Critical Criteria:
Deduce Information technology governance projects and correct better engagement with Information technology governance results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
– Which Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals are the most important?
– What is Effective Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Canvass Knowledge management risks and gather Knowledge management models .
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture activities?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What are the business goals Collaborative Enterprise Architecture is aiming to achieve?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Participate in Systems development life cycle leadership and intervene in Systems development life cycle processes and leadership.
– What is the source of the strategies for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture strengthening and reform?
– Are accountability and ownership for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture clearly defined?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Service Oriented Architecture Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Service Oriented Architecture risks and ask what if.
– what is the best design framework for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What about Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Analysis of results?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Trace Peri Tarr failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we measure improved Collaborative Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Securing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Evernden, Roger Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Evernden, Roger goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Evernden, Roger.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Collaborative Enterprise Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– Think about the functions involved in your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture that make it risky?
Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations Critical Criteria:
See the value of Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations results and probe Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations strategic alliances.
– For your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Collaborative Enterprise Architecture is underway?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Information technology goals and get answers.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How to deal with Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Changes?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Track Formal methods strategies and revise understanding of Formal methods architectures.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Collaborative Enterprise Architecture delivery for example is new software needed?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture moving forward?
InterContinental Hotels Group Critical Criteria:
Contribute to InterContinental Hotels Group planning and get going.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Collaborative Enterprise Architecture. How do we gain traction?
– In what ways are Collaborative Enterprise Architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are all of our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture domains and what do they do?
Architectural pattern Critical Criteria:
Test Architectural pattern quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Architectural pattern and constraints.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture needs?
– What are current Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Paradigms?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Design Data modeling engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Data modeling.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture requirements in detail?
– Is Supporting Collaborative Enterprise Architecture documentation required?
– How do we Lead with Collaborative Enterprise Architecture in Mind?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Software archaeology results and be persistent.
– Are we Assessing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture and Risk?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Add value to Functional specification projects and tour deciding if Functional specification progress is made.
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the disruptive Collaborative Enterprise Architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Collaborative Enterprise Architecture values?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Detail Integrated Authority File visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Integrated Authority File decisions.
Requirements Engineering Critical Criteria:
Refer to Requirements Engineering strategies and gather practices for scaling Requirements Engineering.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Collaborative Enterprise Architecture forward?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leaders?
Digital workplace Critical Criteria:
Discourse Digital workplace outcomes and work towards be a leading Digital workplace expert.
– How is the value delivered by Collaborative Enterprise Architecture being measured?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Enterprise Unified Process failures and stake your claim.
– Do Collaborative Enterprise Architecture rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Systems engineering tasks and do something to it.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– How well should the system perform?
– How will we know when we are done?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– What are our objectives?
– Right implementation?
– Where are we today?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Gauge Systems analysis planning and devote time assessing Systems analysis and its risk.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– How can expected costs and benefits be quantified to determine whether the new system will indeed be cost-effective?
– How can probability estimates be obtained when the information available is severely limited?
– What is the purpose of splitting design into two parts: systems and detail?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– What other technologies, tools, or equipment are used in this process?
– How has computing been used to support requirements determination?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– What is behavioral Systems Analysis?
– How do we use life cycle assessment?
– How broad should the analysis be?
– What are top managements roles?
– Can the process be simplified?
– Can a step be eliminated?
Independence Blue Cross Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Independence Blue Cross risks and catalog what business benefits will Independence Blue Cross goals deliver if achieved.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project?
– What are our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Processes?
Real Story Group Critical Criteria:
Derive from Real Story Group projects and improve Real Story Group service perception.
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Incremental build model failures and arbitrate Incremental build model techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Are assumptions made in Collaborative Enterprise Architecture stated explicitly?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Debate over Software quality leadership and adjust implementation of Software quality.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Among the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– Is the scope of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture defined?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Entity–relationship model planning and be persistent.
– Why is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture important for you now?
– What will drive Collaborative Enterprise Architecture change?
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge decisions and find out what it really means.
– In the case of a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we Identify specific Collaborative Enterprise Architecture investment and emerging trends?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Test Risk management management and find the ideas you already have.
– The full extent of a given risk and its priority compared to other risks are not understood. Failure to address the most important risks first leads to dangerous exposures. Nearly all managers believe that their risks are the most important in the enterprise (or at least they say so) but whose risks really matter most?
– Have senior managers been apprised of Risk Management and control deficiencies affecting their units (e.g., circumstances where assets with a specified monetary value are not adequately protected, where the competence of employees is lacking, or where important financial reconciliations are not performed correctly)?
– Does our Cybersecurity plan include recognition of critical facilities and/or cyber assets that are dependent upon IT or automated processing?
– Are legal and regulatory requirements regarding Cybersecurity, including privacy and civil liberties obligations, understood and managed?
– What are your KEY PROCESSES, MEASURES, and GOALS for addressing risks associated with your products and operations?
– Do you have a process for looking at consequences of cyber incidents that informs your risk management process?
– Do you have a clear management framework or a document that describes the governance of your organization?
– Do we have a minimum baseline level of security that meets what we would consider good security hygiene?
– What core IT system are you using? Does it have an ERM or risk assessment module; and if so, have you used it?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into law?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational Risk Management?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– To whom or what other organizations is our information connected?
– Is there an impact to schedule performance and to what level?
– Do you use contingency-driven consequence analysis?
– How do we maintain a risk management culture?
– Do we know what might go wrong?
– Why is Risk Management needed?
– How do we prioritize risks?
– What is risk?
Enterprise Architect Critical Criteria:
Own Enterprise Architect quality and display thorough understanding of the Enterprise Architect process.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture activities?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Business transformation Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business transformation decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Business transformation.
– How can the value of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture be defined?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business process adoptions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Business process projects.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process available?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What business benefits will Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– What is the business process?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Consider Software maintenance governance and pioneer acquisition of Software maintenance systems.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
MEGA International Srl. Critical Criteria:
Accumulate MEGA International Srl. engagements and assess and formulate effective operational and MEGA International Srl. strategies.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Collaborative Enterprise Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we have past Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Successes?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Discuss United States Department of Defense results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive United States Department of Defense services.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Business efficiency Critical Criteria:
Review Business efficiency failures and oversee Business efficiency management by competencies.
– Think about the people you identified for your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
United States Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze United States decisions and look at the big picture.
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Do we all define Collaborative Enterprise Architecture in the same way?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
– How can we improve Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software design tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software design projects.
– Think of your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project. what are the main functions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Face Software engineering leadership and integrate design thinking in Software engineering innovation.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– How will you know that the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project has been successful?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
System Architect Critical Criteria:
Categorize System Architect engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential System Architect information.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– System Architecture for On-Chip Networks: What system architecture (topology, routing, flow control, interfaces) is optimal for on-chip networks?
– How well do we understand the system architecture?
IT risk management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IT risk management strategies and explain and analyze the challenges of IT risk management.
– To what extent is the companys common control library utilized in implementing or re-engineering processes to align risk with control?
– Does your company have a formal information and technology risk framework and assessment process in place?
– Risk Documentation: What reporting formats and processes will be used for risk management activities?
– Does Senior Management take action to address IT risk indicators identified and reported?
– Does your company have a formal IT risk framework and assessment process in place?
– Does the IT Risk Management framework align to a three lines of defense model?
– How can our organization build its capabilities for IT Risk Management?
– To whom does the IT Risk Management function or oversight role report?
– How will investment in ITRM be distributed in the next 12 months?
– For which IT activities has your company defined KRIs or KPIs?
– Does the board explore options before arriving at a decision?
– To what extent are you involved in ITRM at your company?
– Does your company have a formal ITRM function?
– User Involvement: Do I have the right users?
– What will we do if something does go wrong?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
– What triggers a risk assessment?
– Risk mitigation: how far?
Business application Critical Criteria:
Meet over Business application results and probe Business application strategic alliances.
– What are the biggest differences challenges designing consumer applications versus business to business applications?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Have you identified your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture key performance indicators?
– Does the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture task fit the clients priorities?
– Which business applications should move to the cloud first?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Graph Ivar Jacobson planning and mentor Ivar Jacobson customer orientation.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Collaborative Enterprise Architecture processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture into the services that we provide?
– Why are Collaborative Enterprise Architecture skills important?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Own Aspect-oriented software development tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Aspect-oriented software development skills.
– How can you measure Collaborative Enterprise Architecture in a systematic way?
– How would one define Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leadership?
BiZZdesign Architect Critical Criteria:
See the value of BiZZdesign Architect management and achieve a single BiZZdesign Architect view and bringing data together.
– How can you negotiate Collaborative Enterprise Architecture successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are there Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Models?
Project portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Project portfolio management strategies and shift your focus.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture effort?
– What is project portfolio management?
IT management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on IT management governance and learn.
– Have we adopted and promoted the companys culture of integrity management, including ethics, business practices and Human Resources evaluations?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– Are there On-premise it management tools?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Guard Function model projects and shift your focus.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Organizational unit Critical Criteria:
Talk about Organizational unit planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Organizational unit strategies.
– Does your department or organizational unit manage or support computing resources (data bases, hardware, web pages, etc.) that are used by people that access those resources from outside your department?
– Can people access the computing equipment used by your department or organizational unit through the internet, through dial-up access, or from network devices outside your department?
– Which customers cant participate in our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Which organizational units affected?
QPR Software Critical Criteria:
Face QPR Software failures and probe the present value of growth of QPR Software.
– When a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Will Collaborative Enterprise Architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Track Spiral model outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Spiral model skills.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Collaborative Enterprise Architecture services/products?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Extreme programming projects and tour deciding if Extreme programming progress is made.
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Own Software prototyping projects and improve Software prototyping service perception.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture study?
– How do we Improve Collaborative Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Add value to Architecture of Integrated Information Systems quality and report on setting up Architecture of Integrated Information Systems without losing ground.
– Why should we adopt a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture framework?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Judge Forrester Research tasks and know what your objective is.
– Do the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we maintain Collaborative Enterprise Architectures Integrity?
– Are there recognized Collaborative Enterprise Architecture problems?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Discourse Business architecture visions and spearhead techniques for implementing Business architecture.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Collaborative Enterprise Architecture objectives?
Enterprise architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Graph Enterprise architecture framework failures and overcome Enterprise architecture framework skills and management ineffectiveness.
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Examine Software verification and validation projects and find the essential reading for Software verification and validation researchers.
– Consider your own Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Survey Executable UML tactics and attract Executable UML skills.
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Service-oriented architecture issues and learn.
Service-oriented modeling Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Service-oriented modeling planning and ask questions.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Technology change Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Technology change adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Technology change is getting what it needs.
– What are the long-term Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture External links:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture | LeanIX
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture – ScienceDirect
IDS Scheer External links:
www.Ids-scheer.it | Ids-scheer – IDS Scheer Consulting
Ids Scheer Inc in Berwyn, PA 19312 – PennLive.com
Performance management External links:
Frequently Asked Questions : Performance Management – OPM.gov
Performance Management Reports – CA State Parks
Performance Management : Team Georgia
Waterfall model External links:
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
The Waterfall Model – YouTube
What is waterfall model? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Data store External links:
NETR Property Data Store
FORTUNE Data Store
HIPAA Compliant API & Secure Data Store – TrueVault
United States Department of the Interior External links:
[PDF]UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR …
Watts Humphrey External links:
Watts Humphrey: An Outrageous Commitment, A Lifelong Mission
Watts Humphrey – AbeBooks
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Systems modeling External links:
Permedia Petroleum Systems Modeling – Landmark …
Systems Modeling (MS) | Study | Academics | WPI
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
Project management External links:
monday – Project management software teams actually love
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Information technology governance External links:
What is Information Technology Governance (IT Governanc…
Information Technology Governance | CIO Index
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
Lucidea | Knowledge Management Software
APQC’s 2018 Knowledge Management Conference
Systems development life cycle External links:
The Systems Development Life Cycle
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 5
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Service Oriented Architecture External links:
Service Oriented Architecture | SOA | Epicor
Arcitura | Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations External links:
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Information Technology Services – UTMail
Formal methods External links:
Tenth NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2018)
Formal Methods – MATLAB & Simulink – MathWorks
InterContinental Hotels Group External links:
InterContinental Hotels Group – IHG
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC
InterContinental Hotels Group – IHG
Architectural pattern External links:
Architectural Pattern – Home | Facebook
Is MVC a Design Pattern or Architectural pattern
MVC architectural pattern – YouTube
Data modeling External links:
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data modeling : a beginner’s guide (eBook, 2010) …
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Software archaeology External links:
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Functional specification External links:
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Functional Specification – technet.microsoft.com
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
Integrated authority file: IAF – Digital Collections
Integrated Authority File (GND) – Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
Requirements Engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Digital workplace External links:
CompuCom | Technology Solutions for the Digital Workplace
The Digital Workplace designed for Google’s G Suite – Universe
Prysm Digital Workplace Platform | Modernize the …
Enterprise Unified Process External links:
EUP (Enterprise Unified Process) Definition – Tech Terms
Enterprise Unified Process Top # 5 Facts – YouTube
Systems engineering External links:
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Systems Engineering | IT Services Company | …
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State …
Systems analysis External links:
Systems Analysis and Integration | Transportation …
Community: “Virtual Systems Analysis” – TV Club
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Independence Blue Cross External links:
ibxpress.com Login Page | Independence Blue Cross
Health Insurance Basics | Independence Blue Cross
Customer Support | Independence Blue Cross (IBX)
Real Story Group External links:
Real Story Group – Official Site
The Real Story Group – Google+ – plus.google.com
Real Story Group (@realstorygroup) | Twitter
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental Build Model – YouTube
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Incremental build model – YouTube
Software quality External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge External links:
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge – Contact
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge (EABOK)
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Celgene Risk Management
Enterprise Architect External links:
Enterprise Architect – Scaled Agile Framework
Enterprise Architect, IT Salary – PayScale
Certifications – Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Business transformation External links:
Chaucer – Business Transformation & Programme …
OPEX Week: Business Transformation World Summit
Office of Business Transformation
Business process External links:
Information technology and business process …
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Software maintenance External links:
MathWorks Software Maintenance Service – Makers of …
MEGA International Srl. External links:
MEGA International Srl. – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/MEGA International Srl.
MEGA International Srl. – WOW.com
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
Business efficiency External links:
Business efficiency for dummies (Book, 2013) …
Kenvision Techniks Ltd – Paving way to Business Efficiency
10 Tips to Improve Business Efficiency | Bplans
United States External links:
Intellicast – Current Radar in United States
Software design External links:
Software Design and Development, Bachelor of Science
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Devbridge – Custom software design and development
Software engineering External links:
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software Engineering Services
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
System Architect External links:
How to Become a System Architect – IT-oLogy
System Architect Essentials | Pega Academy
UNICOM Systems TeamBLUE :: System Architect®
IT risk management External links:
What is IT Risk Management? – Definition from Techopedia
Elfsec – Cybersecurity Consulting, IT Risk Management
Global Information Security and IT Risk Management Firm
Business application External links:
E-Commerce Business-to-Business Application
U.S. AutoForce Online Business Application
[PDF]New Business Application – Texas
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International | Scaled Agile
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson Profiles | Facebook
BiZZdesign Architect External links:
BiZZdesign Architect demo 4/5 HD – YouTube
TOGAF ADM in BiZZdesign Architect – YouTube
Project portfolio management External links:
Best Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Software in …
Best Project Portfolio Management Software | 2018 …
Project Portfolio Management | ServiceNow
IT management External links:
mindSHIFT’s Total IT Management Web Portal
IT Management Software Solutions | Ivanti
Continuum: IT Management, BDR and RMM Software Built …
Function model External links:
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Organizational unit External links:
In Active Directory, what is an organizational unit?
In Active Directory, what is an organizational unit?
[PDF]Organizational Unit Code (CUC) – …
QPR Software External links:
QPR Software – YouTube
QPR Software – Google+
Updated 2018 ratings and reviews for QPR Software QPR Suite. Reviews directly from real users and experts.
Spiral model External links:
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Extreme programming External links:
Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction.
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Software Prototyping Engineer – Jeppesen Careers
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems External links:
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems – YouTube
[PDF]ARIS – Architecture of Integrated Information Systems
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research, Inc. Common Stock (FORR) – NASDAQ.com
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
FORR: Forrester Research Inc – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise architecture framework External links:
Enterprise Architecture Framework – EA Masterclass
TRAK Enterprise Architecture Framework – Introduction
Software verification and validation External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Software Verification and Validation
Executable UML External links:
Executable UML (xUML)
[PDF]Executable UML: A Foundation for Model Driven …
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Combining Service-Oriented Architecture and Event …
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Service-oriented modeling External links:
Service-Oriented Modeling and Architecture (SOMA) – IBM
Service-Oriented Modeling Framework™ (SOMF™) >>> …
Technology change External links:
How Will New Technology Change Business? – Chase Bank
How will technology change farming? | Grist
How to Manage Technology Change in a Law Firm