What is involved in Federated Identity Management
Find out what the related areas are that Federated Identity Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Federated Identity Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Federated Identity Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Federated Identity Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Federated Identity Management related domains to cover and 76 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Federated Identity Management, Federated identity, Bandit project, Claims-based identity, Digital identity, Google Account, Higgins trust framework, Identity Assurance Framework, Identity management, Information Card, Information technology, Microsoft account, Mozilla Persona, National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Security token, Service-oriented architecture, Single sign-on, Social login, Windows Identity Foundation:
Federated Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Graph Federated Identity Management visions and balance specific methods for improving Federated Identity Management results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Federated Identity Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Federated Identity Management study?
– What are the short and long-term Federated Identity Management goals?
Federated identity Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Federated identity adoptions and research ways can we become the Federated identity company that would put us out of business.
– Is there a Federated Identity Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Federated Identity Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are specific Federated Identity Management Rules to follow?
Bandit project Critical Criteria:
Add value to Bandit project results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Bandit project because they lack skills.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Federated Identity Management processes?
– Does the Federated Identity Management task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we maintain Federated Identity Managements Integrity?
Claims-based identity Critical Criteria:
Meet over Claims-based identity risks and perfect Claims-based identity conflict management.
– Think of your Federated Identity Management project. what are the main functions?
– How is the value delivered by Federated Identity Management being measured?
Digital identity Critical Criteria:
Grasp Digital identity failures and secure Digital identity creativity.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Federated Identity Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Federated Identity Management activities?
– Is Federated Identity Management Required?
Google Account Critical Criteria:
Refer to Google Account adoptions and gather Google Account models .
– Is Supporting Federated Identity Management documentation required?
Higgins trust framework Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Higgins trust framework tasks and separate what are the business goals Higgins trust framework is aiming to achieve.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Federated Identity Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Among the Federated Identity Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Identity Assurance Framework Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Identity Assurance Framework quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Federated Identity Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Federated Identity Management?
– What about Federated Identity Management Analysis of results?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Identity management governance and stake your claim.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Federated Identity Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the key elements of your Federated Identity Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Federated Identity Management objectives?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Information Card Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Information Card tasks and pay attention to the small things.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Federated Identity Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Judge Information technology planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Information technology strategies.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Federated Identity Management that make it risky?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– Does our organization need more Federated Identity Management education?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Microsoft account Critical Criteria:
Generalize Microsoft account governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Microsoft account information.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Federated Identity Management project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Federated Identity Management effort?
Mozilla Persona Critical Criteria:
Audit Mozilla Persona issues and point out Mozilla Persona tensions in leadership.
– Consider your own Federated Identity Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Can we add value to the current Federated Identity Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What threat is Federated Identity Management addressing?
National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence Critical Criteria:
Merge National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence strategies and question.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Federated Identity Management process?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Federated Identity Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
National Institute of Standards and Technology Critical Criteria:
Consult on National Institute of Standards and Technology quality and define what our big hairy audacious National Institute of Standards and Technology goal is.
– Will Federated Identity Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Federated Identity Management requirements in detail?
Security token Critical Criteria:
Design Security token leadership and gather Security token models .
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Federated Identity Management project manager?
– When a Federated Identity Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Check Service-oriented architecture projects and handle a jump-start course to Service-oriented architecture.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Federated Identity Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– To what extent does management recognize Federated Identity Management as a tool to increase the results?
– Are there recognized Federated Identity Management problems?
Single sign-on Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Single sign-on leadership and revise understanding of Single sign-on architectures.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Federated Identity Management in a volatile global economy?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Federated Identity Management?
– Have all basic functions of Federated Identity Management been defined?
Social login Critical Criteria:
Grasp Social login outcomes and budget for Social login challenges.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Federated Identity Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Will Federated Identity Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who will provide the final approval of Federated Identity Management deliverables?
Windows Identity Foundation Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Windows Identity Foundation leadership and track iterative Windows Identity Foundation results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Federated Identity Management into the services that we provide?
– Is maximizing Federated Identity Management protection the same as minimizing Federated Identity Management loss?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Federated Identity Management process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Federated Identity Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Federated Identity Management External links:
Federated Identity Management (FIM) Portal
Setting up Federated Identity Management with EDUCAUSE
Federated Identity Management Glossary
Federated identity External links:
Federated Identity Service | University of Colorado Boulder
Federated Identity Endpoint – apps.na.collabserv.com
Federated Identity for Web Applications – msdn.microsoft.com
Bandit project External links:
The Bandit Project (@BanditProject) | Twitter
Bandit project by RC Car Action …
Suzuki Bandit Project – Part 3 – YouTube
Digital identity External links:
[PDF]Digital Identity Guidelines – NIST
[PDF]Digital Identity Learn More – InfoArmor
What is digital identity? – Just Ask Gemalto EN
Google Account External links:
Sign in – Google Accounts
GQueues – Manage tasks & to-do lists with your Google Account
Accedi – Google Account
Higgins trust framework External links:
Higgins Trust Framework – opensource-it.com
IIW2005: Paul Trevithick on Higgins Trust Framework
Higgins Trust Framework – P2P Foundation
Identity management External links:
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Director Identity Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information Card External links:
Voter Information Card – VotePinellas.com
[PDF]TSP Fund Information Card (4/2017)
[PDF]GEORGIA INSURANCE POLICY INFORMATION CARD
Information technology External links:
Student Email | Information Technology
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Microsoft account External links:
Billing help – Microsoft account
Microsoft account – signup.live.com
Mozilla Persona External links:
[PDF]Creating a Mozilla Persona Account – …
Ask HN: Mozilla Persona Post-Mortem | Hacker News
Mozilla Persona Terms of Service — Archived, July 2017
National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence External links:
NIST National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence …
[PDF]National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence – NIST
National Institute of Standards and Technology External links:
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Security token External links:
XSRF Security Token Missing – TKTS JIRA
Polymath – PLY ICO Security Token Launch Blockchain …
NCCER Security Token Service
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Single sign-on External links:
South Texas College’s Single Sign-On Page
UAH Single Sign-On – CAS – Central Authentication Service
JCCC Single Sign-on
Windows Identity Foundation External links:
Windows Identity Foundation | Microsoft Docs
What is Windows Identity Foundation? – msdn.microsoft.com
Description of Windows Identity Foundation