What is involved in Federated Identity Management
Find out what the related areas are that Federated Identity Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Federated Identity Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Federated Identity Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Federated Identity Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Federated Identity Management related domains to cover and 70 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Federated Identity Management, Federated identity, Bandit project, Claims-based identity, Digital identity, Google Account, Higgins trust framework, Identity Assurance Framework, Identity management, Information Card, Information technology, Microsoft account, Mozilla Persona, National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Security token, Service-oriented architecture, Single sign-on, Social login, Windows Identity Foundation:
Federated Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Scan Federated Identity Management tactics and report on setting up Federated Identity Management without losing ground.
– Will Federated Identity Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Federated Identity Management forward?
Federated identity Critical Criteria:
Coach on Federated identity engagements and document what potential Federated identity megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Federated Identity Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Federated Identity Management Management?
– What will drive Federated Identity Management change?
Bandit project Critical Criteria:
Graph Bandit project engagements and question.
– Do Federated Identity Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are internal and external Federated Identity Management relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Federated Identity Management?
Claims-based identity Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Claims-based identity tasks and describe the risks of Claims-based identity sustainability.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Federated Identity Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Does Federated Identity Management analysis show the relationships among important Federated Identity Management factors?
– Who needs to know about Federated Identity Management ?
Digital identity Critical Criteria:
Confer over Digital identity outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Digital identity is getting what it needs.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Federated Identity Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Have you identified your Federated Identity Management key performance indicators?
– What are the barriers to increased Federated Identity Management production?
Google Account Critical Criteria:
Mix Google Account results and track iterative Google Account results.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Federated Identity Management process?
– Which customers cant participate in our Federated Identity Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we know that any Federated Identity Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Higgins trust framework Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Higgins trust framework outcomes and cater for concise Higgins trust framework education.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Federated Identity Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– To what extent does management recognize Federated Identity Management as a tool to increase the results?
Identity Assurance Framework Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Identity Assurance Framework tactics and remodel and develop an effective Identity Assurance Framework strategy.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Federated Identity Management process?
– How important is Federated Identity Management to the user organizations mission?
– How can you measure Federated Identity Management in a systematic way?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Identity management adoptions and gather Identity management models .
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Federated Identity Management. How do we gain traction?
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– Who will provide the final approval of Federated Identity Management deliverables?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Information Card Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Information Card leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Information Card.
– Can we do Federated Identity Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the short and long-term Federated Identity Management goals?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Information technology adoptions and look at it backwards.
– For your Federated Identity Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How can you negotiate Federated Identity Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Will Federated Identity Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Microsoft account Critical Criteria:
Check Microsoft account visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Microsoft account projects.
– How do we Improve Federated Identity Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which Federated Identity Management goals are the most important?
Mozilla Persona Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mozilla Persona strategies and attract Mozilla Persona skills.
– what is the best design framework for Federated Identity Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is Federated Identity Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Do we all define Federated Identity Management in the same way?
National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence Critical Criteria:
Investigate National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence risks and raise human resource and employment practices for National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Federated Identity Management with what users do day-to-day?
National Institute of Standards and Technology Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about National Institute of Standards and Technology failures and budget for National Institute of Standards and Technology challenges.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Federated Identity Management project?
– What is our formula for success in Federated Identity Management ?
Security token Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Security token leadership and explore and align the progress in Security token.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Federated Identity Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Federated Identity Management project lifecycle?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Service-oriented architecture outcomes and catalog what business benefits will Service-oriented architecture goals deliver if achieved.
– Do we have past Federated Identity Management Successes?
Single sign-on Critical Criteria:
Study Single sign-on failures and prioritize challenges of Single sign-on.
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Federated Identity Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Federated Identity Management moving forward?
Social login Critical Criteria:
Learn from Social login visions and explain and analyze the challenges of Social login.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Federated Identity Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Federated Identity Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Federated Identity Management ?
Windows Identity Foundation Critical Criteria:
Pilot Windows Identity Foundation projects and balance specific methods for improving Windows Identity Foundation results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Federated Identity Management in a volatile global economy?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Federated Identity Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Federated Identity Management External links:
Federated Identity Management vs. SSO
Setting up Federated Identity Management with EDUCAUSE
Federated Identity Management | Access and Security | EITS
Federated identity External links:
Federated Identity Service | University of Colorado Boulder
Federated Identity Endpoint – apps.na.collabserv.com
Federated Identity for Web Applications – msdn.microsoft.com
Bandit project External links:
The Bandit project is an open source collection of loosely coupled components to provide consistent identity services. It implements open standard protocols and specifications such that identity services can be constructed, accessed, and integrated from multiple identity sources.
Suzuki Bandit Project – Part 3 – YouTube
Bandit project by RC Car Action …
Digital identity External links:
Digital identity External links:
http://A digital identity is information on an entity used by computer systems to represent an external agent. That agent may be a person, organisation, application, or device. ISO/IEC 24760-1 defines identity as `set of attributes related to an entity’.
[PDF]Digital Identity Learn More – InfoArmor
[PDF]Digital Identity Guidelines – NIST
Google Account External links:
Sign in – Google Accounts
Create your Google Account
Higgins trust framework External links:
Higgins Trust Framework – opensource-it.com
Higgins Trust Framework – P2P Foundation
[PDF]The Higgins Trust Framework Project: A New Way to …
Identity management External links:
Director Identity Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Information Card External links:
Antique Rose Information Card | Ann’s Bridal Bargains
[PDF]GEORGIA INSURANCE POLICY INFORMATION CARD
[PDF]TSP Fund Information Card (4/2017)
Information technology External links:
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Student Email | Information Technology
Microsoft account External links:
Billing help – Microsoft account
Microsoft account – signup.live.com
Sign in with a Microsoft account
Mozilla Persona External links:
Ask HN: Mozilla Persona Post-Mortem | Hacker News
Mozilla Persona Terms of Service — Archived, July 2017
[PDF]Creating a Mozilla Persona Account – …
National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence External links:
[PDF]National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence – NIST
NIST National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence …
National Institute of Standards and Technology External links:
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Security token External links:
Login to the security token service (STS)
[PDF]Security Token User Guide – PDF – Opus Bank
Polymath – PLY ICO Security Token Launch Blockchain …
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Single sign-on External links:
South Texas College’s Single Sign-On Page
UAH Single Sign-On – CAS – Central Authentication Service
JCCC Single Sign-on
Windows Identity Foundation External links:
Description of Windows Identity Foundation
Windows Identity Foundation | Microsoft Docs
What is Windows Identity Foundation? – msdn.microsoft.com